“Paying for the upgrades”

Garwoods Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have not been to Garwoods since its renovations. It is lovely....and the prices reflect that they must have a large mortgage. The prices are high...my scallops, though very tasty were 26,99 and came over fruit risotto. All entrees came as stated....no bread for the table, no side vegetable, no house salad included. I had a glass of the house Merlot - $8. It came in its own little carafe so as not to get an "over pour" of more than 5 oz. My husbands fish and chips was delicious, but the high price dampened the enjoyment. The view is great....the service was very good....but, I don't think we will go back.

1  Thank robert v

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Upon arrival, the host was rude, clearly annoyed that at least 5 parties arrived at the same time. We should have left when we had the chance. The service was extremely slow, no ice in my water, never received the lemon I requested and the food was tasteless. I had the flatbread of the day, pulled pork with absolutely no seasoning. My husband tried the fish and chips and was unimpressed. We overheard the couple next to us request a server to bring their payment to their waitress and they were told it was best to just wait. The view was pretty but the housekeeping showed their lack of care for the place. I could go on and on but at this point, you get the picture...we won't be back.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Garwoods has recently undergone a transformation: renovated space and new menu. It's indoor dining area and bar has large windows looking out to the lake. They also have an outdoor deck. The atmospere is bright with lake decor the bar has a big tv. Menu cosisted of a list of specials and the regular menu. Fish abounded on both menus including the flatbread of the day and the only pasta choice. It is pricey with a kobe beef burger being the least expensive at $13.99 and $1.29 for some extra toppings but if you want vermont cheddar or applewood bacon those are $2 each. Other main courses ranged in the $19.99-39.99 range. Portions are generous. The serviice was excellent and prompt espescially compared to other Wolfeboro restaurants. The heirloom tomato salad was terrific with the tomatoes from a local farm. If you are in Wolfeboro it is a good choice. It can be crowded and lively place suring the summer season.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Located right on the lake the restaurant has a spectacular view. We actually sat at the bar and had oysters and shrimp. Service was a little slow as it was a busy Saturday. The food is certainly not cheap (not much in town is inexpensive) but the quality was very good. Drinks were delicoius and we were pleased. It was a nice break from shopping in "downtown" Wolfesboro.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant on the water, which is beautifully decorated with hardwood and attractive lighting, etc.; unfortunately, they seem to have spent all their money on decorating and forgot about the food. The service was very slow and unenthusiastic. The prices were in line with what I'd expect to pay given the waterfront location, but given the prices, the quality of the food and the service should have been much higher.