“Sorry to say we loved going here until this year. Agree with others saying breakfast is bad. We go out every time we are there” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Topsides Bed and Breakfast

Topsides Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wolfeboro
Topsides Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 6 Wolfeboro B&B and Inns
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Hunt room very dirty and rug probably not vacuumed in weeks
Furnishings very dusty. Bathroom extremely dirty. Breakfast not what you you expect. Muffins and donuts and cereal boxes that are stale. Stay elsewhere. Owners Are nice but I do not think they Have the money for upkeep. Not worth what they charge. This place has been going downhill for the last 2 years
But dirt is something we cannot tolerate. We have been going to this bed and breakfast for 2 years but No more! Going down hill fast. Owners are not paying attention to the dirt around them. We will never return. Towels are damp and dust is everywhere. Terrible!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Berube123
cindyVirginia, Owner at Topsides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I am sorry to hear you were not happy and wish I could have helped. I do feel I could have made your stay better if I had know of your needs. Please try us again~

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Cute, Clean, Kind & friendly hosts.
On arrival we were met by Cindy, who made us feel welcomed instantly. The porch and grounds were beautifully done.
Delicious breakfast spread,. When it started to rain while I was out they put the roof up on my Jeep!!! Love these folks.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Martha's Vineyard Room. Bright, Clean, and incredibly charming. The whole B&a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BarMan2013
I always enjoy helping a client when staying in my home as they are my guest. I am happy to hear you were pleased~
Townsend
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We booked Topsides for 2 nights, as we came to Wolfeboro for a wedding. We stayed in a first floor bedroom towards the back of the house. The room was okay, but no place to put our clothes, so we kept them in our suitcases. The bathroom was okay, but the toilet was dirty and towels were never taken and replaced. The main house was closed off by "private" signs on the doors, so we only had our room and the back open porch, which was nice. There was no lock on our bedroom door, which we thought odd. They also kept the front door open all day until 8 pm and the back door remained open until midnight. Without having a lock on our door, anyone could have come into our room. The breakfast was a joke, and the worst breakfast we ever had at a B & B. We had the same thing both days we were there...cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, and store-bought donuts and pastries. We can get that at home. No hot food and absolutely nothing homemade were served. The male host of the house was finally seen our second day there, and he walked through the dining room and never said a word, not even introducing himself. The female hostess must not be consistent in her cleaning, or what she serves for breakfast, because what the other guests who gave Topsides an excellent rating must have experienced things entirely different than what we experienced. We have paid the same amount at other bed and breakfasts, and had much nicer rooms, friendlier hosts, and delicious breakfasts. We will NEVER go back there again!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Mary Jo S
Wellesley, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I host a charity golf tournament at nearby Lake Winnipesauke Golf Club every year in July and i always look forward to staying at Topsides. It is perfect for a summer lake-side retreat when you just want the simplicity of a summer home. It is like staying at a friend's lake house. Indeed, innkeepers Cindy and Dennis are like old friends you'd like to have. They are friendly without being intrusive. Morning breakfast is always a fun time to catch up with them on their past-year's travels, and to meet other guests. The rooms are all tastefully decorated, mostly with private baths. The English-themed Hunt Country Room on the second floor, with its own sitting room, is my favorite. At almost half the cost of a room at Wolfboro Inn or the newly refurbished Inn on Main, this is a great value and a great accommodation regardless.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Douglas L
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Recently my family rented the entire Topsides Bed and Breakfast for my nephew's wedding. Being from out-of-town and exhausted from the long drive, we were greeted by a pleasant hostess who showed us the rooms and amenities, making us feel at home immediately.

The entire place is quite charming and very clean! Each room is nicely accented and has its own theme like the Martha's Vineyard room - which I stayed in and it was cheerful and cozy. Each room also has its own bathroom, which is a nice feature considering that many B&B's don't have this amenity. Our breakfasts were tasty and varied - French toast, yogurt, cereal, etc. fresh coffee and juice. While Topsides was so conveniently located to our reception, we realized that it was also very close to town, restaurants and even close a hospital - within walking distance.

If you want that real New England experience you had always hoped for - a B&B with a charming atmosphere and clean bedrooms/bethrooms - this is the place to rent!

My family is already talking about renting the place again for a weekend in Autumn!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PKLmusic
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

WOLFEBORO NATIVE! I too booked a room here in October of 2012. I am shocked at reading the previous review. I booked a room for my friend who flew in from Colordao. We had to change his reservation at the last minute due to Hurricane Sandy. NO PROBLEM! We just moved the reservation one week ahead. No extra charges or fees! Of course this was a courtesy that was allowed because of the time of year. I wouldn't dream of them being able to do that in July let's say. The room was immaculate. Beautifully decorated. Cynthia asked my friend what he would like for breakfast and was happy to provide whatever he needed. I too am in customer service in Wolfeboro and I highly reccomend Topsides to people who need a few night stay in Wolfeboro. WALK TO TOWN!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kent U.K
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Firstly we arrived at 3.15pm having previously booked and there was no one to meet us, We entered by the unlocked back door where we had parked and called out to summon someone and when nobody arrived we went to the front door and rang the bell a couple of times and still nobody came so we knocked on an internal door marked 'private' but still no answer. Eventually we gave up and went down to the town for a look around before returning a while later. This time the owner was there and quickly told us where to find the tea and coffee etc (in the hall) before showing us to our room 'Martha's vineyard'. The room looked lovely decorated in blue and white but on closer inspection the bath was decidedly dirty with tide marks from several baths by the look of it along with hairs. The bathroom floor had the last occupants many long hairs over the floor along with accumulated grime next to the toilet roll basket and round the edges of the room. The bedroom floor was also full of dust bunnies so obviously hadn't been hoovered for a time.We visited in October and it was chilly but the room had no heating on. My husband asked if we could have some heating as I was very cold and was told that the heating would be turned up but it never came on at all and I spent the evening feeling very cold and uncomfortable. Breakfast was a disappointment...There was a small assortment to help yourselves to.......Bacon, waffles with fake maple syrup, yoghurt. melon and banana. There was no bread, rolls or toast. As I don't eat bacon or waffles, after having a banana and a thin melon slice I was soon hungry again. You had to go out to the hall to get your own tea/coffee. When asked if I'd slept alright I replied 'Yes but that I had been cold during the evening' I got the uncaring answer "Yes, the thermostat shuts off when downstairs reaches the set temperature, and anyway I think it's better for you not to have heating".We were staying another night and were not offered a heater to make us more comfortable. The house on the outside appeared very pretty and nice but there was a strange vibe about the whole place and I didn't enjoy staying there although I cannot explain why (apart from the grubby bath and floors). There are no keys to the room doors. On the plus side it is fair to say that the bed was very comfy and the linen soft and fresh smelling, including the towels.And there is a very nice veranda area in which to sit on warmer days. I would choose somewhere else if visiting Wolfeboro again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank sharomaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfeboro
The Wolfeboro Inn
The Windrifter Resort
The Windrifter Resort
#6 of 6 in Wolfeboro
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Topsides Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!