“Nice Hotel right on the lake”
Review of The Wolfeboro Inn

The Wolfeboro Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Wolfeboro
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed at the Wolfeboro Inn with family and friends for a destination wedding. We loved the beautiful lake and enjoyed the little beach and dock that the inn offers. The location is great, right in mid town, within walking distance to restaurants.

Our room was sparsely decorated (we wondered if maybe it wasn't completely finished?) but pleasant and clean. The beds were very comfortable. Our room was on the first floor and the ac worked fine but there were others in our party on upper floors that said that their rooms were incredibly hot.

The front desk staff and management were friendly and helpful. The complimentary coffee in the morning was tasty and not the standard bad tasting free stuff. They also offered a variety of nice teas as well.

There is a restaurant on site. We had breakfast there and it was very good. I believe they are known for their $5 breakfast special.

I would love to return to Wolfeboro someday and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 4, 2010

Having heard many nice things about the Wolfboro Inn, I thought it would be a nice place to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. We checked in on Sunday Sept. 20, 2010. It was very warm for this time of year so we went to bed with our 3dr. floor windows open. At exactly 4:44AM a large diesel truck parked outside our window and for exactly 46 minutes wheeled what sounded like cases of empty bottles from the kitchen area to the truck. This whole time with the clanking of bottles the engine was left running. At 5:30AM when he finally pulled away the truck that was now waiting behind him pulled up to picked the kitchen waste, this only lasted a few minutes and we went back to sleep. At around 8:30 the next morning I reported it to the check-in desk and received a cheery thank-you for letting us know. I would only recommend this Inn if you close the windows, keep the TV on and do not get a room on the "service street" John

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chute102
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Spent the week end at the Inn with my husband. Wolfeboro was beautiful as was the weather. The Inn was not what we expected. The woman at the front desk was anything but inviting. The costly room was very small. Bed, 1 chair,2 night tables with lamps and a cabinet with 3 drawers and a TV. That was OK, thought because we were only there for the week end. Sunday morning we woke to no hot water. No showers and husband shaved with ice cold water. The desk person said they were working on it ! As it turned out-no hot water all day. We took a tour cruise on the Inns boat aroung the lake which was beautiful, but, no tour information was given because the microphone was broken ! Sad to say, this Inn is costly and not worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I just returned from a weekend trip to the Wolfeboro Inn. Having read some of the other reviews I was not quite sure what to expect and we had booked one of the more expensive rooms, however I can quite honestly say that our stay there, was thoroughly enjoyable, we arrived in Wolfeboro early and I called to see if we could check in a little earlier, the staff were very kind, friendly and accomodating and told us our room was ready. They had a wedding going on the same day, however that did not distract them from the needs of the other guests. The room was very spacious and clean. They turned the sheets down at night and left little sweets on our bed which I thought was a very welcoming touch. We ate two meals at the Tavern, and each meal was very enjoyable and we thought the food was excellent value, again the staff in the Tavern were friendly. I am sorry to hear that previous guests had such an awful time, I would not hesitate to book another stay there.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I should have know when I walked into the lobby and saw the dead flowers in a vase that this was not going to be a pleasant experience....stay in Wolfeboro every year for the last 15 years while volunteering for the Huggins St. Hospital Fair...have stayed at the Inn for the last three...made our reservation a year and a day in advance and requested not to have an attic room...we received our keys...to an attic room...now after driving for 5 hours my husband was looking forward to relaxing in our room, needless to say he was not very pleased nor was I...I repeatedly told the front desk lady, Cindy, the front desk manager and also the sales manager that we were not going to stay in the room they assigned us as we made our reservations a year ago...having been in the travel industry I know that the least desirable rooms are saved for last minute check ins and/or those with no reservations...not the case here...they refused to move us and said there was nothing else available nor would they move anyone else...the attitude of all three was basically "like it or leave it, it doesn't matter to us what you do"...in fact the sales manager offered us a "full" refund, what, as opposed to a half refund??...and they would try to find us somewhere else to stay...that just might happen on a weekend in NH during the summer...finally, after an hour of conversing someone checked out early and we were given a room only under the condition that we had to move to another room for the rest of our three night stay...after the first night of our stay in the second room I inquired as to what type of cleaning should be done in the room and the response was "minimal" and that is exactly what we got...the bed was made, no vacuuming, no rinsing out the sink or bathtub...and we paid over $200 a night, now that's a deal!!!! Obviously they can handle the Fall when it isn't as busy, but forget the summer season...Find another place to stay...you'll be much better off.......and treated with respect....

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lennieob
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I arrived and was greeted warmly. That is it. Checked in to my first room, found a dead bug on one of the chairs. Looked around bed to find a prescription pill of some sort, candy wrapper and other misc items. Moved to room 2. Bathroom floor covered in black hairs. Asked to have it cleaned while i was at dinner. came back-looked fine. Turned down bed to find brown stain and black hairs all over. On room 3 now after being here for 5 hours and looks cleaner. turned down sheets again to find a bobby pin inside.
No rooms around that are available. Peak season.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank MaRoche
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My family planned a wonderful trip through New England in late July that included stays at some of the best historic hotels and inns. We booked a room at the Wolfeboro Inn as a stopover between our tour of Vermont and Maine. At 1 p.m. on the day of arrival, we got a call from Cindy saying they did not have a room for us. Some sort of plumbing problem and they wouldn't be able to fix it??? For a few days??? And since that was the only available room we were told we would be put up at the Piping Rocks cottages. Thank goodness I didn't take her word for it being "comparable" and I was able to go on the internet and see what this cottage looked like. I was horrified! We are used to staying at 5 star hotels. I could not believe the Wolfeboro Inn would think that it was acceptable two hours before check in to put us in a place that looks worse than a Motel 6! Fortunately, we remembered that there was another decent hotel on the other side of the lake about two hours away in the other direction, but it had been fully booked when we scheduled our trip months before. We asked if Cindy could call there and try to get us a room. When we didn't hear back from her, we called back -- feeling very anxious that we'd be sleeping in our car that night -- and were told, "Oh I haven't even called, I'm too busy." Understand, it was a weekend during high season, it was getting late, and we had no place to stay and still had at least two hours to drive. All of this drama ruined our day as we had to scrap our siteseeing plans and scramble for a decent hotel. We were totally left on our own with no help and only rude treatment from the hotel. We lost a day of vacation and ended up having to change our entire itinerary. So, dear traveler, should your trip take you through New Hampshire and you think it might be nice to stay at the Wolfeboro Inn...be prepared to deal with an overbooking and perhaps a stay at Piping Rocks... or maybe a night in your car!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank 5starmama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfeboro
The Naswa Resort
The Windrifter Resort
The Windrifter Resort
#7 of 7 in Wolfeboro
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to The Wolfeboro Inn? Share your experiences!