The Wolfeboro Inn
Palmers Motel(Sanbornville)
Travelocity
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewswolfe's tavernnew englandcookiesmini suiteboat ridedesk clerktavern foodadirondack chairsbed was very comfortablebeautiful townmain streetlobbyweddinglakebrunchbellefireplace
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I just wanted to take a second to praise the staff for coming together to provide my girlfriend and myself a wonderful weekend. After 22 months, 3 deployments, drill weekends now twice a month...my girlfriend has been nothing but supportive and by my side. This past weekend I wanted to take her away and clear our heads and focus on each other and spend time together. I made a reservation with the Inn the start of the week and the team worked with me in keeping it a surprise and special. When we checked in we where early (1:00) but they said with a smile, leave me the best number and we'll call you when the room is ready...we replied, "sure, we're hungry and we'll head downtown to the shops and restaurants"...about 20 minutes later I get a call from a 603 number...picked up and heard a pleasant voice say, "rooms ready!"...After we finished we came up and met Sam at the front desk who was all smiles, and made us feel very welcoming...As we checked into our room, we where amazed...we had to get the best room in the hotel with the best views...everyone was super friendly and always smiling asking us hows the stay...The room was clean, comfortable and perfect..lastly, I always wear my military dog tags, and I got about 4 employees come up to me from cleaners, management, bar tenders, and service coming up and thanking me for my service which was unnecessary but much appreciated. So once again, we thank everyone who made our weekend memorable and look forward to booking the same room for the 4th of July...!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Darrin F, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

First, and most importantly, from our entire team...Thank you for your service! All too often the outstanding men and women who serve this great nation go unnoticed, and your sacrifices become taken for granted. I'm proud to be leading a team who stop and take the time to recognize your efforts. We took the liberty of upgrading your room to the finest suite at the Inn as a small token of our appreciation for all that you do...and it was our pleasure to do so.
Thank you for being our guest and allowing us the opportunity to serve you and your girlfriend for your surprise getaway. Your review and kind words on TripAdvisor.com were quite touching and we all appreciate the accolades within the review. We all speak often of creating memorable experiences...we strive to surprise and delight...I cannot tell you how gratified I am to know that we were able to do that for you.
We look forward to serving you again in the future. Please be safe in your travels.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at Wolfeboro Inn two nights as part of a AAA Sojourn to the New England fall colors. The Inn is very attractive, nicely maintained and handsomely landscaped. The Inn is only a short walk from Lake Winnipesaukee, which is magnificent. Our room on the second (of three) floors overlooked the back garden area. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The restaurant was pleasant, the food very good. The staff in all areas were gracious and helpful. The Inn was one of the highlights of our 7-day, 4-state tour. A couple of our dog-lover friends back home were delighted with the bumper stickers we brought them from "Woof Boro."

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the garden, and on side facing the lake are preferable. There are only very limited views of the lake. A couple of garden-facing first floor rooms open onto a patio area, which has a wood-burning raised fire pit that would be very pleasant when the weather is coolish.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Darrin F, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for being our guest and for the kind words within your review on tripadvisor.com. We all had a blast hosting your group and we are all so happy that you enjoyed your experience and were able to take home some lasting memories. We have a wonderful member of our Maintenance Team, John French, whose "green thumb" lends well to the beauty of our property...glad you noticed and were able to take in the landscaping.
As the General Manager, when I hear that my associates were, "Gracious and helpful...", it truly brings a certain amount of comfort to me, as we discuss the importance of engagement when it comes to our guests...we all delight in providing paramount hospitality and making everyone’s stay with us a "highlight".
I hope that when your travels bring you back to Wolfeboro, you'll allow us the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you for staying with us, and travel safely!

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We arrived after a very long day on the road. We were just in time for dinner before the tavern closed at 9PM. We dropped our bags and quickly went to dinner. Food was good, server was good. No complaints with the tavern. Returning to the room late and exhausted we fall into bed. Soon we notice a putrid smell. Urine! It seemed to be coming from one of the queen beds. We were disgusted and tired. We moved to the other bed and went to sleep. In the morning the smell was even worse. We took showers and ate breakfast. We left quickly, feeling as though we smelled of the nasty urine smell from our room. We notified the desk of the issue and that we left the windows open. She basically said "sorry for the smell" and we left. Several hours later we received an email with a billing statement and a note. The room was found to be soiled and had a foul odor so they have closed off the room for repairs. For bringing this to their attention they "graciously" gave us a 50% discount. A full refund for selling us a filthy room is in order. A 50% discount is...not good enough, to say the least. Many other lovely places to stay in the area. We will definitely be looking elsewhere from now on. This was just plain disgusting. No excuse for housekeeping to miss a urine odor in a guest room. What a sad disappointment! Stay away! It's obviously neglected and major problems are overlooked just to sell a room. Unhealthy, and UNSANITARY! They should be embarrassed!

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Freqflier28
Darrin F, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank you for being our guest and for your review on tripadvisor.com. All feedback is invaluable to us and we try to act on anything negative that might have happened during any of our guests' stay so they can leave us happy and delighted, but to also ensure that the negative aspect is not replicated. I am so sorry that your experience with us was not exceptional. We strive to create pleasant and lasting memories and I am very unhappy that we were not able to do this for you. After investigation, we did notice a slight odor coming from the carpet in between the beds. We completely stripped the entire room of all linens, deep-cleaned the room which included shampooing the carpets and reassembled it.
I would like to prove to you that this was an anomaly, and certainly not the normal experience that our guests have come to expect. If your travels bring you back to this area, please contact me directly at (603) 569-3016 so I can personally attend to your reservation.
Thank you again for staying with us, and travel safely!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The rooms were large and comfortable. The views are pretty and idyllic. Our favorite part of the hotel was the lobster bisque downstairs in the bar. Best I have ever had! Loved seeing the pewter mugs in the bar for the locals. A great place for a weekend retreat.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Darrin F, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your favorable review on Tripadvisor.com. I am glad that you found your accommodations comfortable. The Inn is very unique and no rooms are the same. Our goal is to ensure that your stay is a pleasant one and that you leave us with lasting memories.
I will also pass along your thoughtful comments to our Executive Chef, Hoke Wilson. He and his team work extremely hard making certain that their creations are enjoyed by our guests...and I will agree...the lobster bisque is amazing!
Thank you again for being our guest. We all look forward to having the opportunity to serve you and your family again when your journeys lead you back to the area. Travel safely!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at the inn this past weekend and of course with my luck the town had a power outage on Saturday.The power was out from around 4pm and didn't come back on until sometime after I went to bed. I must say the staff was wonderful- They made sure everyone had flashlights if needed and even put glowsticks on the stairways so you could see where you were going. At one point a girl knocked on our door offering soda/water and sandwiches. This was great considerig the restaurant was closed because of the outage.
As always the staff went above and beyond to take care of the guests as best they could under the circumstances.
I will be back again of course and fingers crossed no power outage next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Darrin F, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you so much for being our guest and for your kind words on tripadvisor.com. It was a very stressful day after the entire town of Wolfeboro lost power for a little over 8 hours. In situations like that, which you have no control over, it is very difficult to provide a great experience for our guests. I was there throughout the entire outage and I can honestly say that I was so proud of my team. We all scrambled behind the scenes to try and make certain our guests were safe, comfortable and taken care of in the manner in which we are all used to.
Given that my Team and I delight in providing paramount hospitality and lasting memories, we all felt badly that this incident may have tarnished some guests' opinion of the property. I can say with confidence that we did everything that we could to ensure our guests' comfort...you just can't please everyone (as hard as we try to).
Again, thank you staying with us...I'm confident that your next stay will be met without incident. We all look forward to serving you and your family again when your travels bring you back to the most beautiful spot in New England. Travel safely.