“Perfectly Maintained and with Excellent Food”
Review of The Wolfeboro Inn

The Wolfeboro Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Wolfeboro
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfectly Maintained and with Excellent Food”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a 3-day family reunion over New Year's Eve 2012-13, and everyone loved the Wolfeboro Inn. The inn is very nice and very well maintained. Rooms were generous, there were small fridges in every room, and the location in town made for easy excursions.

The food at The Taverne (the inn's in-house restaurant) was very, very good. The breakfasts were especially awesome!

If your are a cross country skier, there are skis for rent across the street and the trails can be reached on foot (although a car is more convenient.) A day's trail pass *and* equipment rental was an incredible $15 (which is still so amazing to me that I wonder if I didn't misunderstand the bill.)

This is a great inn in a lovely location.

Room Tip: We loved the rooms on the third floor above the lobby area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
POTUS1234, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear ATLprofessor,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities and utilized them to their fullest. We are blessed to be in the town Wolfeboro, the Jewel of Lake Winnipesaukee with prime downtown location. I will be certain to share with the staff how complimentary you were of their service especially the daytime breakfast cook Paige regarding the “awesome” high quality of food you enjoyed. I know she will be thrilled.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Old Lyme, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2012

After spending time visiting Wolfeboro for the past 30 years, my husband and I finally took an opportunity to stay at the Inn. What a delight it was! The decor is so Woodland Chic ~ even pinecone theme in the guest rooms. The staff was so personal and helpful...very generous with that basket of chocolates! The lobby is inviting with a grand fireplace decked with Christmas cheer. The location is central to downtown Wolfeboro with so many quaint shops and restaurants, and of course, a short drive to many attractions on Lake Winnepesaukee. Now that our children's home is filled with grandchildren, we will definitely make this "our home away from home" when we visit family in New Hampshire.
Debbie, Old Lyme, Ct.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Debbie D,

Thank you for your very kind words. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much and took the time to share your most recent experience. We are delighted that your stay with us was a 30 year aspiration come true. I will be certain to share with the staff how complimentary you were of their service and we look forward to seeing you again.
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Our recent stay at the wolfeboro inn was wonderful from start to finish..We were in room 302
which was spotless with a great view of the lake.The tavern had a very relaxing atmosphere.
The wood plank floors and the fireplace made you feel like you went back in time.
The food was outstanding. We started with a butternut squash and lobster bisque that was
out of this world. The tavern also has a terrific and extensive beer list.
The restaurant staff was friendly and knowledgeable.We cant wait to go back in the summer
and enjoy the inns own boat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robert d
POTUS1234, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear robert D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities and utilized them to their fullest. I will be certain to share with the staff how complimentary you were of their service and the high quality of food.

We look forward to warmly welcoming you back this summer.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We came from Australia all the way to Wolfeboro to visit the magic place that my wife went to summer camp many years ago. I was mesmerised! One of the most beautiful places in the world! The hotel was fantastic. We had two enormous rooms for us and the children, and dined in the tavern attached to the hotel. Our meal was excellent, and the staff very friendly.

My kids are still raving about the super comfortable beds, and claiming they will return when they are older.

I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the fron with a large balcony overlooking the lake. Lake Winnepesaukee is the ma...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear BXM1,

Thank you so much for your glowing review. I cannot tell you how appreciative we are that you took time to write and we are so pleased to have delivered such a positive experience for you and your family. It is the pinnacle of perfection, something we strive for every single day. I have the good fortune to be from and have many management staff from "primary city location, national chains" including Four Seasons and Omni Hotels. Our objective is to provide an extremely high level of service one may not expect in a "quaternary" location that you would expect from an upscale brand in a primnary location.

We thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you or your children someday in the future back!
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel has a great spot on Lake Winnie, with very large & comfortable rooms. Parking is free and you can walk to most places in Wolfeboro in minutes. The staff are friendly and there is complimentary coffee and cookies too. The Wolfe's Tavern is great, especially if you are English and have missed a proper bar whilst in the US - you have a good selection of beers, wide screen TV's and even nibbles! On the downside, although the hotel has won an award recently for Best Wedding Venue, I have to say a lot of the decor needed updating. To top it all it was my birthday on the first night and after a few beers we ordered our meals only to be left waiting for nearly an hour - it was only a burger & a caesar salad after all! The waiter was very apologetic and explained that he had a large table of 12 to wait on - great, we were before them, so not a great example of service (or was it all about the tips?). We gave it a second chance on the next night and all was OK and the lady on breakfast on the second morning was very good too so we would probably return if in the area again.

Room Tip: The views are somewhat limited whichever room you have
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AndyM19A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We appreciate you kind comments on the hotel, our location, the restaurant and the overall service. We are pleased that you found the parking to be plentiful and the morning and afternoon refreshments to be a treat (the cookies are homemade recipes by our executive chef’s wife which we make here daily on property.) I am very sorry about the hour wait in the restaurant. I have not been able to uncover why that was the case, but I will say it is rather unusual, again my sincerest apologies. If travel brings you back to the United States and to this area, I promise, we will make it up to you.

As for the wedding venue, the property was renovated in 2009 and was purposefully re-designed to be a mix of historic and contemporary. We do a significant number of weddings and I would guide you to WeddingWire where we have glowing reviews form brides and other functions held here. Perhaps it’s just a matter of taste.

In any event we appreciate all your kind comments and do hope to see you in the very near future.
Key Biscayne, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were originally staying for 3 nights but cut it short to 2. The service in restaurant and room service was great however for the price we were paying the room was probably the worse room in the hotel if not the old servants room. I am 5,'10 and could touch the ceiling with my hand easily with no effort. The view was horrible because out of the view window was a silver colored A/C duct that coverred half the window if not a little more. We then went to the topnotch hotel in stowe vermont which was excellent for the same price!

Room Tip: Look at this website and make sure you dont get the worse room in the house.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank G4briela
POTUS1234, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear G4briela,

We appreciate you kind comments on the restaurant, in-room dining and the service of the staff. I will be certain to pass those well-earned accolades along. I know they will be very pleased. I’m sorry your stay was not as enjoyable as you had envisioned. You stayed in the historic section of the hotel, which was built in 1812. I don’t disagree that the ceiling heights, by today’s standards, are low but the room is of good size comparatively speaking. I acknowledge that this room does not have a view and you make some good recommendations that we are discussing to address this issue. Sometimes difficult decisions are made when trying to retro-fit modern amenities in a historic building without losing “natural sun light”. I thank you for your insights and observations.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The small cramped rooms are in need of a decorating over-haul. Everything looks worn and tired. The restaurant menu needs updating and the whole place needs a good cleaning. There are some interesting restaurants down the street but doesn't make up for dingy rooms.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Travekdiva,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I’m sorry we did not met you expectations. As a property with a historic section to the hotel, we do offer a number of varied amount of room sizes and configurations. I have worked in and with historic hotels for over 27 years and I know they are not for everyone. I would appreciate any detail you can offer regarding cleanliness. We have an annual rating of 90% two years running and your comments would be much appreciated. As for the restaurant, I will say we offer the largest selection, by 33%, of any local restaurant in the Wolfeboro area and our selection is the broadest by far. You can get anything from such basics as hamburgers, pizza, sandwiches, panini’s to sesame-crusted sashimi tuna, casco bay scallops, or our parmesan crusted eggplant with mushroom, spinach and goat cheese tart or our wild mushroom ravioli to our signature steak tips. It truly is a wide-variety. Travekdiva, I look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your observations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfeboro
Church Landing at Mill Falls
The Margate Resort
#3 of 13 in Laconia
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee
123 North Main Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Wolfeboro Inn? Share your experiences!