Crescent Lake Inn & Suites (Formerly The Lake Motel)
The Wolfeboro Inn(Wolfeboro)(Great Value!)
$159
$118
Official Hotel
Belknap Point Inn(Gilford)(Great Value!)
$120
$140
$119
$120
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnew buildingthe ownerquiet spotfront porchprivate beachnew hampshirepleasant surprisedowntown wolfeborocoffee makerin townback porchcomfortable bedslarge bathroomfamily and friendsshort drivekitchenettegazebo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I stayed here with my husband & daughter about 10 years ago, & it was a perfect getaway: relaxing & very pleasant. Last week I needed an immediate SOLO escape & The Lake Motel came to mind. I'd hoped to book a room with a kitchen, but they only had 2 rooms available - no kitchen - so the gentleman who owns the property kindly offered to put a small refrigerator in a room for me, and that was really all I needed, so it was perfect.

Hardly know where to begin because this is a very unusual spot. Yes, it is technically a roadside motel, but the driveway is so long, and you are so far away from the road, that I slept with my windows open every night & heard nothing - silence. And even though it's a motel, it definitely has the vibe of an old fashioned, family-run inn - very charming.

My little fridge appeared to be brand new. Having said that, I doubt that it actually was - it's just that they keep everything clean & well-maintained. If I had to guess, I'd say that my bed was brand new as well, with a lovely firmness that allowed me to fall asleep quickly in sublime comfort every night. And with the windows open and a cool breeze, I was happy to have a fluffy down comforter on my bed (yes, just like the 4-star hotels!). Both my room & bathroom were as clean as can be: the housekeeping staff does an excellent job.

You have beautiful, quiet, Crescent Lake to enjoy at the Motel's private beach. It is lovely & tranquil, and there are canoes & other watercraft available. The Wolfeboro town library is right across the street, and "downtown" Wolfeboro is a 10 minute walk down the road.

I originally booked my room for 3 nights, but couldn't bear to leave, so I added a 4th night to my stay, and treasured every moment I had there. The gentleman who owns the inn couldn't be more charming or accommodating. He comes across more like a gracious host than a "Manager," which is very pleasant.

I can't wait to return to this gem later this summer!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Bernadino
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Not at all what we were expecting. Had booked a 2 bedroom suite w/kitchen. Arrived to find it was a 2 bed (1 bedroom) suite. It did have a kitchen with appliances from the 70s missing burners on the stove and grease spots all over the wall around the stove. Furnishings were dated and not very clean. TV was probably 30 years old. Water pressure in the bathroom was so low that if you turned the water on in the sink the water in the shower slowed to a trickle. Outdoor furniture consisted of resin chairs and tables, had to search 6 different rooms to find 4 chairs that weren't broken. Location was very good only about a mile from downtown and the lake was very pretty.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 72asbury
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Found the facility to be very clean, mattress was firm and provided a great night sleep, staff very friendly

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed at the Lake Motel 6 nights and found it to be very clean, in a very quiet location off the main highway and with very comfortable beds. It is very good value for the price. We were not able to take advantage of the recreation facilities/equipment available but there is a beach, kayaks and canoes for those who wish to use them; makes the price of the room and even better value!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed overnight at The Lake Motel as we were traveling through New England. We stayed in the house part of the motel, which was set up more like a B&B. Our room was perfect! It was spacious, had a fireplace, french doors that overlooked Crescent Lake, and a very comfy bed! The bed had lots of pillows and a down blanket. We had a great nights' sleep. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The owner was friendly and he gave us a great dinner recommendation, The Restaurant. All and all, it was a good deal and in the perfect location for our hike up to the top of Mount Major.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple