“Warm, friendly pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wolfe's Tavern

Wolfe's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfe's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Haledon, New Jersey
“Warm, friendly pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived at the Wolfeboro Inn, we saw a sign that today's special as chicken pot pie. When we asked the waitress at dinner about it, she said it had been a lunch special but she would check. Thereafter, Elijah, the sous chef, came out saying that the chicken pot pie was a lunch special, but he would make it for us if we desired. We both ordered the chicken pot pie, which was yummy. Our room service breakfasts were also from Wolfe's Tavern and very tasty. Only suggestion: how about a selection of cold cereal and not just Cheerios?

Visited November 2013
Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. I'm glad we could accommodate your request with the Pot Pie. Our chef's are more than willing to go out to the tables and discuss food with our customers.

I will share your thoughts with about the cereals with our Chef, I'm sure we could expand our selection or at least rotate the selections from time to time. Thank you again, I hope you can make it back soon.

North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Rustic pub with really good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Came here for lunch today and we were very pleased with the selection. It was not crowded (no surprise for a Monday in late October) so were seated quickly - right next to the fireplace. I had clam chowder for an appetizer which was very good and actually had a lot of clam (I know but some places chinze on the clams). We both had sandwiches; I had the turkey/bacon/avocado panini which was delicious - a huge sandwich - and my wife had the "Rattlesnake Island" - a turkey, stuffing and cranberry sandwich which was also very good. The atmosphere in the pub was really nice although it would have been better if the fireplaces were real instead of gas. Service was very good and the prices were average. We would definitely come back!

• Visited October 2013
Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for stopping by the Tavern. I agree with you on the fireplaces, nothing beats a nice "real" roaring fire, however given the nature of our business it is hard for us to not embrace some of the modern conveniences and safety features that gas offers. We do have two "real" fireplaces left, one in the Tavern, and one in the lobby of the Inn. We do not use the Tavern one often due to it's location and the need for constant monitoring, but our lobby fireplace gets used quite frequently.

I will pass along your praise of the food to our chef's. They always like to hear the feedback. Thanks again.
NH
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stopped in a few nights ago and had dinner. It is starting to slow down in the area as summer has ended and the fall season is in swing. We got in and had a great server. Food was good and we liked everything we had ordered. I had the steak tips which were nice and tender and my wife had the haddock. The drinks were great. Not second shelf or watered down like some places do. So all in all we had a good time. I think the best time to go out to eat is on off nights, like a Thursday. It is a little slower and you get better service. It was not loud at all in there so we were actually able to talk to each other. So go there. You will enjoy it.

• Visited October 2013
It is nice to read these kind of reviews. We try to provide every guest with top notch service, food & drink, I'm glad that we were able to provide you with all three. We do hold events here at the Tavern from time to time so some nights seem quieter than others. We have a list of events on our website, wolfestavern.com. We also send out email blasts and post calendars at the Tavern. Want to know what is going on just ask. Thank you again for the kind review.
Massachusetts
“Attractive setting, high priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Food was good, enjoyed the music that could be heard from the lounge below. Loud guests enjoying each other's company at table next to us, just hard for us to talk/hear over them. I like a quieter environment for dining. Prices were on the high side. Decor was really attractive.

Visited October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. My apologies for the noise from the adjacent table. The Tavern does tend to have a lively atmosphere at times. I'm glad you enjoyed the food and service here at the Tavern and I hope you don't let the price deter you from returning, we have food for a majority of price ranges. From basic sandwiches up to nicer entrees, like our Steak tips. Hope to see you again soon.
Austin, Texas
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Wish we had been here longer to eat more meals. The ambience is warm and inviting - true old-time tavern. We had a wonderful breakfast by a cozy fireplace.

Visited October 2013
Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review, we wish you could have stayed longer as well. We enjoyed a fantastic Columbus Day here at the Tavern. The weather was beautiful and town was hopping. I'm glad we help contribute to your great weekend.