“Creative menu offerings”
Review of Wolfe's Tavern

Wolfe's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfe's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Attractively decorated with matching food discoveries. Fun place...join "Kiss the Mosse" program and get your own mug!

Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for the kind review. Parts of our Tavern are over 200 years old and, like some of our regulars, have a bit of character to it. Thank you for also promoting our Mug Club. We have recently breached the 2300 mark in members, and the group continues to grow. We'll have to add another room soon to just hang the mugs. Good luck with your Mug Challenge, I hope to ring the bell for you as you kiss the moose and collect your mug.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We've visited here a number of times over the years, normally once a summer. It's one of our favorite places in the Lakes Region for good food at reasonable prices. We choose the more casual area of the restaurant and ask for the "Bar Menu." The sandwiches (my favorite is the haddock sandwich) are excellent and I've never heard anyone complain. This time we went on a Friday and ordered their "All You Can Eat" haddock -- fried haddock, fries and cole slaw; not what I remembered getting a few years back. Although very tasty, you receive maybe 5 small, bite-size pieces of fried fish over a "mound" of french fries. Even the small eaters asked for seconds; the others, thirds and more. Each successive serving came with fewer and smaller portions and, if you added it all up and removed the batter coating, I don't think it equaled one usual serving of haddock. By usual Wolfe's Tavern standards, it was quite disappointing.

Because I'm usually happy with their food, I'm sure I'll go back again. I just won't get the AYCE Fish Fry.

Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a response of your last experience with us. The AYCE fish fry is a special that we honestly struggle with. The AYCE (All You Can Eat) night tends to bring in lots of repeat business for us and, as a company, we struggle with supplying enough but not too much food that we are throwing out product. We have no issues with giving out order after order to anyone who makes the initial purchase and we typically get rave reviews on the quality of the product. Though we do get complaints on the portion size of the All You Can Eat? I will be discussing this dilemma with the Chef and General Manager to see what we can do the change the perception of a light portion on and All You Can Eat item. Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The asparagus "fries" are absolutely delicious!! They're served with a chipotle ranch dip which is a great addition to the flavor. The cheese nachos with chicken are also a good starter to share with the table if you are hungry.

I decided to try something different and got the Atlantic Haddock which is oven-baked with a white wine sauce and buttery cracker crumb topping. It is SO GOOD and filling :)

Thank you so much for the kind response. Our Asparagus fries have been a hit since they hit the menu. They are definitely one of the top sellers here at the Tavern. I will be sure to share your comments with our kitchen staff and thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Delicious breakfast with friendly service and reasonable prices. Eat there but don't stay at the hotel.

Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words about the our Tavern. I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your entire stay however. I have passed along your comments about our General Manager and if you haven't heard from him yet you soon will. We take all comments to heart, the good & the bad, so thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I had both dinner and breakfast at this tavern while staying for a night in the Wolfboro Inn. Both meals were excellent !.....We both had appetizers and burgers for dinner
Dessert (bread pudding ) was exceptional !

Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We do get a lot of comments on our desserts which are all homemade and offered in full and half portions. We feel that they are so good we don't want the portion size to deter you from ordering them, that is why we offer a paired down version. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.