“The Warmest / Coolest Place in Wolfeboro”
Review of Wolfe's Tavern

Wolfe's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfe's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hampton, New Hampshire
“The Warmest / Coolest Place in Wolfeboro”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

While staying at the Wolfeboro Inn, my wife and I walked through the main lobby toward the Wolfe's Tavern. The inclusion of a great restaurant often makes a great hotel, and the Wolfe's Tavern creates the perfect combination.

In the early evening of our first night at the Inn, we sat in the pub area to have a drink. The bartender, Kristen, was so good to us, especially when she found out that I had never been to Wolfeboro before. She treated us as if we were old friends. The locals love this place, and with good reason. She made us feel as though we fit in like locals.

The pub and restaurant area has an old, rustic, mountain lodge feel. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Pewter beer steins and mugs hang from the ceiling with different numbers to identify them for guests who frequent the pub.

The bar has that old wood look, and the wooden floors almost talk to guests about the history of the building as they softly creek while walking across.

After talking with Kristen, and then meeting George, the General Manager, we decided to have dinner in the tavern that night. We made a reservation for a couple of hours later, and it was the best meal decision that we made in Wolfeboro.

The woman who served us our dinner, Becky, was one of the most outgoing and friendly people whom we've met in a long time. She gave us great recommendations for food and wine, and she was right on target with her suggestions.

Our dinner was served quickly, and we noticed that it didn't look like typical restaurant food. Presentation was super professional, and it also had a homemade look and taste. Portions were off the charts. I have a huge appetite, and it is quite rare that I am unable to finish my meal. My dinner won. I wasn't able to finish. Portions are more than generous, and the prices should probably have been more than what they charged for what we received.

Something that we noticed during dinner, and thoroughly impressed us, was that the staff seems to be a close, tight-knit family. The chef came out to meet his wife and their little boy, who absolutely loved the moose head on the wall. He was able to sit with them and have a meal with his family. We loved that the Wolfe's Tavern and the Wolfoboro Inn seem to encourage that family feel for their employees.

The next morning, we decided to have breakfast in the tavern. Again, we were not let down. My breakfast quesadilla was absolute perfection. My wife ordered the "Soderburg." Highly recommended. Mandy, the woman who served us our breakfast, continued the perfect feeling that we felt from Kristen and Becky the night before. She was attentive to us while busy with other guests, but gave us space and freedom with no rush.

After we finished, we got up to head out and saw Becky, our server from the night before, sitting in the restaurant with her little girl. She remembered us and was so nice. I can't say enough about how wonderful a feeling it was to see how happy staff were while they were at work, or even visiting during their off hours. That says so much about how they are treated by management. We absolutely loved the family feel and vibe among the staff.

We had multiple experiences in the Wolfe's Tavern, and all made us feel welcome. Whether or not guests stay in the Inn that is attached, or somewhere else, the Wolfe's Tavern is a must-do. Everything about the tavern was perfect, from food, to drinks, to staff, to the look, feel and vibe of the restaurant and pub.

The Wolfe's Tavern has a special charm that will stay with you long after you leave. Don't miss out.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Bills_Journal
Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We try make all of our guests feel welcome here at the Tavern. I'm glad you had such a fulfilling experience. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team. I hope you will be able to visit us again in the future.

New Hampshire
“Perfect”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We recently moved to Wofeboro and had friends visiting us. We were delighted with Wolfe's Tavern. We were greeted warmly by a lovely young hostess. Everyone had a smile on their face. Our waitress was warm and informative. Kudos to Jen Lee. My husband likes to kid with our waitresses when appropriate and Jen went right along with him. She was charming, delightful and informative. It was Saturday and Prime Rib was featured. We all agreed it was the best we'd ever had.
We will certainly be going back to the Inn often.

Visited April 2013
Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear mgcjmc
Thank you so much for the kind review. I’m glad we could help make your arrival to Wolfeboro a pleasant experience. I will be sure to pass along Jen’s recognition as well as your satisfaction with our Prime Rib to the Chef. We feature the rib every Saturday, while it lasts! I hope to see you in the Tavern again, until then.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great lunch”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch at the Wolfe’s Tavern. The place has a lot of character as well as atmosphere and the Caesar salad was amazing.

Definitely recommended for a great lunch.

• Visited October 2012
Dear MN0975,

Thank you for your Lunch recommendation for our lunch. I’m glad you enjoyed our Caesar salad. We create all the soups, sauces, & dressings in house along with a large variety of other ingredients. We like to ensure the freshest & best possible product that we can. If you liked our lunch then I would encourage you to try us out for Breakfast and Dinner as well, or stop by on a Sunday between 10am and 2pm to enjoy our fantastic brunch. Thank you again.
Laconia, New Hampshire
“Great Tavern with wonderful locals”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Tavern - We ate there Friday and Saturday night and Sunday morning
- The bar on Friday was fun lots of locals great service and food was excellent
- Saturday ate in the restaurant and the service was good and the food was excellent. Once the order was put in very quick and cooked to perfect temperatures.
- Sunday we just had (wish we had more time to do brunch) breakfast. The waiter/kitchen was nice enough to create breakfast sandwich for my wife Dale and I had the Eggs Benedict which was outstanding (real Hollandaise?) eggs perfect consistency.

Visited March 2013
Dear Mark,
I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our tavern enough to return day after day and thank you so much for all the kind words. I hope that next time you will be able to enjoy our wonderful brunch. The chef’s here do an amazing job and take a lot of care and patience with what they do, and it shows.
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
“Great place for dinner with a group!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We held our recent company meeting here in a private room with a fireplace. The service, meal, and ambiance made for a great evening. It was Italian night, so there were some great selections. Loved the Caesar Salad!

Dear Winesogood
I’m glad we could make your meeting night a pleasant experience. The room you mentioned is known as our Hunt room and is perfect for small groups such as yours. We have also recently revamped our Italian Night with little touches here and there to try and make it a little more authentic. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you!