“Really gone down hill”
Review of Wolfe's Tavern

Wolfe's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfe's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This place has had many owners yet the latest ones really don't know how to hire competent staff I have gave the latest owners many chances yet I am always disappointed my latest visit was a simple salad and steak tips it was disgusting salad tasted old steak tip wear over cooked service was slow and this is how it is no matter when I come and the new dinning room is poorly matched with a hideousness rug I really like the original owners.

Restaurant M, Manager at Wolfe's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear blindman04,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I have shared this with the Tavern Manager and Executive Chef so we can address the issues you have identified immediately. I am very sorry we seem unable to provide a satisfactory experience for you. I will say that the experience you received has been contrary to the quality/service we have been providing relatively consistently over the last couple of years. The tips, incidentally, are far and away the number one seller and what the Tavern is known for – our absolute signature dish. We also were just recently honored as “Best of Wolfeboro Eating Places 2012” by the Wolfeboro Award Program, a local organization. We also hold a four out of five rating from Trip Advisor, two years running. While not a pleasure to read, we appreciate your comments and will act upon them.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I had the best ThanksGiving dinner last year so we decided to go back this year.. Service was great Debbie the waitress was great.. George what can i say you can dish out food really well too,, Thanks again for a great thanksgiving meal 2012... Marci and Ken,,

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Inn has a wonderful menu for vegans. My daughter had one of their vegan dinners(Butternut Squash Napolean), and it was not only beautiful to look at, but it tasted great!!! We would go back again for not only a vegan dinner, but any of their other offerings from breakfast to dinner!!!

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased you had such an enjoyable experience. At Wolfe’s Tavern, we strive to achieve exactly what you discovered an impressive selection of high quality food and beverage. Thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I previously marked the hotel itself as average because I had to wait for a burger for an hour on my birthday on our first night in the Wolfe's Tavern. On reflection maybe I was a little hasty - this bar has a great atmosphere, the staff are good, the food is excellent and if you just want to watch the ball game with a drink you can. Speaking from experience this is not always the case in a lot of the tourist areas of the US. There were nibbles at the bar too which my wife appreciated, home from home I think. Finally the breakfasts were outstanding, reasonably priced and easily the best of our 14 night holiday - scrumptuous! The lady serving us too at breakfast was probably the most engaging too of our trip.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I am the early riser in our family and managed to get down to the breakfast room Somewhere between 7:30 and 8:00. My wife followed at 8:45 and my son ambled in by 9:00. The service was more present as the morning wore on but it was a little lonely when I showed up at the restaurant. The vegetarian egg dish that I had was both interesting and good. This is a fine place for breakfast if you are at the hotel.