“While staying at the Inn”
Review of Wolfe's Tavern

Wolfe's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfe's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Although I was staying at the Wolfeboro Inn for my wedding ..I had 3 separate occasions to "review" the Tavern as a restaurant in the area..Friday night with friends and family..about 8 of us..was wonderful..food was good..service was right there..even when we had a few people join us after we had been seated for awhile..any changes we asked for were quickly taken care of from a menu order change to more beverages..to adding to our party..but then Sat am for breakfast Ihad a very different experience..it was just my parents and I and yet service was lagging..we had to wait for a simple order for about 45 min!..the food was good but unfortunately the service discolored that..and lastly on Sunday am Iarrived for their brunch with friends..again there were 8 of us..5 had the brunch and commented on how good it was ..but I was dissappointed once again..Myself and 1 other person ordered from the menu..simple breakfast..but we had to wait a long time before being served..and all I had ordered was oatmeal!.. so a very mixed review here..seems they are better at dinner than breakfast..and lunch Icouldn't comment on..

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at the Inn and the breakfasts, lunch and room service were great. Alex (m) and Alex (f) were great servers. Food is really good. Ingredients were fresh, portions large and cooked to perfection. This is a good tavern with a serious following of beam hung Pewter Mug trophies denoting the "kiss the moose" victors. Good microbrews and creative lunch menu. Certainly a good stop for any meal and just a short walk up the hill from the Harbor.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband live nearby and have been going to the tavern for years with friends. Last night's service was beyond anything we have ever experienced there. I ordered the special, which was steak and shrimp. The sauce on the steak was amazing and when I mentioned it to our server Jessica, she enthusiastically went to get me more. As we were talking about it, the chef came out and a lively discussion ensued about how to make the sauce and how to use it. He generously gave me a portion to take home. Very friendly and natural attention by both Chef and Jessica. Thank you!!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Although a formal wedding was going on down the hall of this Wolfeboro Inn, which you could view from the restroom, the casually dressed boaters and vacation people at the "tavern" give it a more relaxed appearance. The menu runs the gamut from $10 burgers to $28 seared tuna, served slowly, but well-prepared and very tasty. The calamari is fried to a nice consistency and deliciously spiced with banana peppers! No bread is served automatically, but might be brought out if requested. The waitstaff is young, but earnest. Sadly they were out of mussels the night we went, but the frisky waiter had the good sense to suggest the calamari in its place. The half salad (spinach, blueberries, strawberries, avocado and almonds) was named a "kids" salad on the bill, but looked silly totally filling a small lunch plate, leaving no room for error in spearing the fruit or spinach.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Awesome salad bar, great homemade soups, the onion rings are great.. Haddock sandwiches are nice and fresh. I like the non rush environment, it makes for a wonderful relaxing time.
The Atmosphere is great, New to look old, large pine floors, and chunky wood booths.