“Breakfast Fail”
Review of Wolfe's Tavern

Wolfe's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfe's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 43 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Twice my husband and i tried breakfast here. Worse and more of it!! 45 minutes is excessive to wait for 2 eggs and toast. And to have it served cold....with cold coffee. And they were not busy...either time. Which is funny because I mentioned to my husband I was hungry and the breakfast"manager" barked at me from her perch at the bar We're bUSY". There will never be a third time.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We try to go here at least once whenever we are in town. This time we were super hungry, so we popped in and sat right at the bar and ordered a couple of burgers. Never ordered anything here that did not please. I will say that the bartender gets a little too wrapped up sometimes with the local customers and tends to be less attentive to others.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Didn't have a meal, but the bar was great! Old colonial style with beer mugs hanging from the season. We were there with friends and it was a great atmosphere to just wind down and hang out.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have been here 3 times, 1st time (summer 2010) was great, last two times (once in winter 2011 & august 2012) was not good at all. Below is a review of our last time there and reflects a very similiar experience from 2011.

The salad bar is completely embarrassing, only half of the soup orders were brought to the table (waitress had to be flagged down for the rest), main course came out seperately and only after flagging down the waitress again (a solid 10 times after everyone else got their meal) did the seafood plate show up. The food was just ok, vegetables and prime rib both undercooked.
For a small restaurant, the waitstaff appears to be stretched thin as it takes forever for them to respond to guests. One would think that a Saturday night in the summer they would be at their best! The Restaurant manager was virtually invisible, except only to deal with another table who was about to walk out before they even got their meal.

Needless to say we won't be returning.......

1  Thank brendan79
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Wolfe's Tavern never disappoints. Every time I go there I am delighted. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. The food is out of this world. I always look forward to seeing what amazing and creative specials the chef is offering! Every time I go to NH I eat there. They have it all, amazing dinners, yummy lunches and of course the best breakfast in town! Looking forward to my next visit!!