“Not Worth It”
Review of Wolfe's Tavern

Wolfe's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfe's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
East Wakefield, New Hampshire
“Not Worth It”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We have been here 3 times, 1st time (summer 2010) was great, last two times (once in winter 2011 & august 2012) was not good at all. Below is a review of our last time there and reflects a very similiar experience from 2011.

The salad bar is completely embarrassing, only half of the soup orders were brought to the table (waitress had to be flagged down for the rest), main course came out seperately and only after flagging down the waitress again (a solid 10 times after everyone else got their meal) did the seafood plate show up. The food was just ok, vegetables and prime rib both undercooked.
For a small restaurant, the waitstaff appears to be stretched thin as it takes forever for them to respond to guests. One would think that a Saturday night in the summer they would be at their best! The Restaurant manager was virtually invisible, except only to deal with another table who was about to walk out before they even got their meal.

Needless to say we won't be returning.......

1 Thank brendan79

Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, United States
“Best on the whole lake!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Wolfe's Tavern never disappoints. Every time I go there I am delighted. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. The food is out of this world. I always look forward to seeing what amazing and creative specials the chef is offering! Every time I go to NH I eat there. They have it all, amazing dinners, yummy lunches and of course the best breakfast in town! Looking forward to my next visit!!

Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
“MUSHROOM RAVIOLI W/TOMATO OIL”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We live in Wolfeboro so eat around town often. Last night we tried one of the specials at Wolfe's Tavern in the Wolfeboro Inn--mushroom ravioli w/tomato oil. It was so good I commented to the waitress and she told the chef, Hoke Wilson, who came out and told me how it is prepared. Not only that but he later emailed the receipe to me. We will be trying it at home soon. In general the food and service are consistently good and friendly. Try it--you'll like it.

• Visited August 2012
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Good food with friendly service right downtown”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stopped at Wolfe's Tavern for a quick lunch while visiting Wolfeboro. There was a wedding function going on, so we couldn't eat on the outdoor patio, but we ate in the front room which was comfortable and felt like an old pub. Everyone enjoyed their meals - the sandwiches were excellent. My wife had the eggplant sandwich, my son had the turkey Panini, and I had the meatloaf sandwich. All very good. They have an extremely wide selection of good beers, as well.

Visited August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My parents and I went to dinner at Wolfe's Tavern in Wolfeboro, NH on Saturday night. It was the first time we had been there in several years and I was very impressed with the atmosphere, cuisine and level of service. I had the steak tips which were delicious and my mother had the Prime Rib which is a Saturday special. It literally melted in our mouths when eating it. My father's short rib Shepherd's Pie was very creative and flavorful. We also got to witness a beautiful wedding while we were there. This is our new favorite restaurant on Lake Winnipesaukee.

• Visited July 2012