“Yummy!!!”

West Lake Asian Cuisine
Ranked #21 of 44 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband have lived in the area for 3 years and had never been to West Lake. So we gave it a go. We absolutely loved it. Delicious food, friendly service, and a huge menu.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We hit this place once a year while staying up at lake wentworth. An annual family run with kids and the girlfriend this place never disappoints. It's not the greatest but they're nice, quick and consistent. We've never had a bad meal here - and we've come each of the past 5 or so years.

It's a nice spot if you're on the east side of wolfeboro (toward ossipee/lake wentworth) and want a quick eat in or take out. You avoid town, ad during peak season that can be a good thing if you have a few kids in tow.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

When we first bought our camp in the Wolfeboro more than 10 years ago, we were told that West Lake Asian was the best place to get Chinese food in the area. It was true then and it is still true today. We usually get take out - nothing too unusual - General Gau's Chicken, hot and sour soup, pork fried rice or beef lo mein, all very good. The interior is nice, family run, family friendly, lots of parking.

The short road down the side of the restaurant leads to a flat cinder hiking/biking/dog walking Cotton Valley Trail that goes for miles in both directions. The Nick Sports Fields with playground, picnic benches, running track, skate board park, lacrosse and baseball fields, field house with snacks and bathrooms, are very close, as is the Albee public beach on Lake Wentworth, also with bathroom facilities.

1  Thank Mom0214
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food is OK. The atmosphere is OK. The service is Ok. The owners are OK. OK. Their fried rice and egg rolls are good. And the food on average is fair. They are stingy with the seafood. The amount of shrimp is always pitiful. I had just had painful dental work so I wanted soft soup like chicken rice. Not on the menu so we asked if they could make some. No we don't do that here. How hard could it be, broth, rice, chicken and green onions? Right! Very simple, but they just would not make it. I ended getting soup and adding rice. we asked for extra green onions but when we got home there were only 2 meager green rounds floating on top of soup for 2. The owners act as if they are running a 5 star restaurant. Heck, I took a friend for lunch at Le Cirque in Manhattan which was a 5 star place and they did a special dish for my friend. Any way there are much better places then West lake.

1  Thank InformedCorp
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I love Chinese. I cannot find (in Boston, NY, etc.) Chinese better than West Lake! I could eat there every night. I love the seafood hot and sour soup. And the Chicken Amazing is ... well... amazing! So is the sizzling chicken and the West Lake Fried Rice. Get a Scorpion Bowl for two and have a delicious ball!