“Reasonable prices and food--slow service”

Bayside Grill and Tavern
Ranked #28 of 42 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Been twice in last two years. The food is good pub good at reasonable prices compared to other Wolfeboro restaurants. Good family place but the service is super slow. I think it stems from the kitchen. If you are not in a hurry it is a good option to the other restaurants that offer basically the same food with fancier descriptions.

1  Thank neh57

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We ordered steak tips which came with a salad, potato and vegetable. It was very good. Also ordered grilled chicken which came with salad, potato and vegetable. Also very good. I would recommend this restaurant when you visit Wolfeboro, New Hampshire. They have inside, porch or outside dining. All ate very pleasant.

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We will go back based on location, we sat outside right by the water. There are lots of flowers around & the view of all the small boats on the water is great. The sunporch area also looked like a good choice, but the dining room isn't my style with lots of tables close together & a solid view of their pub area. The food, steak tips and a pizza was good. The only issue I had was cold mashed potatoes, but since I decided to finish my tips & skip the taters I didn't bother to send them back.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This pleasant location on Mill Street has operated under several different names over the past decade or so. Having had some good experiences we went back last night.

First, the food was quite good pub stuff. My wife's pork rib was well done and my beef tips salad was really very, very good. Prices for food and drink seemed fair.

But the devil was in the service details, and I'm taking off two stars because of them. Though there were few people there it took too darn long to get our drinks and our sever forgot my soup order altogether. 'Whoops'.

I was also just a tad irritated at having to enter under a huge Romney for President sign. Now Romney is something of a local....one of his several estates is on Lake Winnipesaukee and I think the owner is one of those local entrepreneurs who is on the bandwagon...one can only image what Mitt's election will mean for some of the local bars and eateries.

So, if you want a pub this is an option. The nearby Wolfeboro Inn offers far better service and a good range of pub and better grub.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is absolutely one of my favorite spots. I agree that sometimes the service is slow but the food is always hot and tasty. I have been to many restaurants that have super fast service but the food is nothing to write home about, so I honestly dont mind the wait. It is a great place to relax and enjoy your time outside of the kitchen. We have introduced many of our friends to Bayside and every single one of them LOVED it! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!