“Casual at its best!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Got the kids? Grandparents? Cousins? This is the place to go--everything from burgers to wonderful dinners--all washed down with a glass of wine! Oh, and don't forget the ice cream sundaes!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We have been going here for years, back when it was Baileys. I am sad to read all the bad reviews. We went there last week (I have my annual ice cream sundae here each year) and we just did not have a terrible experience. The server was extremely friendly, so if she was a little overworked and maybe not perfectly efficient, we did not mind. This is not a cheap place, but the food is always good, and my husband loves their fried clams. I don't know if there is anything that could happen here that would keep me from going back.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I am so disappointed! I called in an order for my husbands Fathers Day surprise. My daughters drove from Tuftonboro to pick it up. When they got into the car and looked at my husbands order they were shocked...only a handful of tiny scallops. They went back in to let the establishment know how disappointed they were. Morrisey's said they would add 2 more orders to it...for a price! Wanting their dad to have his scallops they agreed. It cost over 30.00 more dollars to make this a decent size order, not even an over the top amount, just a normal serving! They had already paid close to 60.00 for his scallops, soggy fries, tasteless potato skins, a tiny salad that was supposed to be a large and a very bland quesadilla. I am happy to pay good money for good food but paying over 90.00 total for small amounts of tasteless soggy stuff is infuriating!!! Why can't people treat paying customers fairly?

4  Thank bunoona
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Close to motel, close to town, close to schools for my author visit. Good service from friendly, helpful wait staff. Yummy French toast with strawberries!

1  Thank Nancy P
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We have been stopping at this restaurant since the 50's when it was Baileys'. Have always looked forward to going there when we are passing through. On this latest occasion we were very disappointed. Two waitresses were trying to serve more than 40 people. One took our beverage order and then we waited about 20 mins. before another brought our beverage and took our order. We asked for Romaine lettuce on the salads and a small cup of meat juice with the roast beef. When the salads finally came it was ice berg and there was no meat juice with the beef and a piece of plastic wrapping in the squash. We asked about the salads and the waitress took our untouched salads away, but never returned. After waiting a long time for service we asked for the check and our salads and pie which were part of the senior "special". We
were given the salads with Romaine but the pieces of pie were very small (2"x2").

3  Thank Carolyn C