El Centenario
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in Wolfeboro, at 14 Union Street, next to Town Hall. This authentic family owned Mexican restaurant serves from 11am to 10pm on weekdays, and til 12am on the weekends. You can eat in, take out, or have it delivered.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We love this place. Eaten here for the last few summers when we vacation in Wolfeboro. Fajitas are excellent. Great guacamole made by the waitress tableside. We go with a group of 6 and everyone seems to enjoy their meal. Pleasant servers. Make reservations if you want to get in particularly on a weekend. This is probably the best restaurant in Wolfeboro. Prices are on the pricey side but considering the other restaurants in the area, its a great value.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

i've eaten here several times....barside and table.
the rest. is small, charmingly decorated and a refreshing change from the usual pub and/or seafood fare.
everything i ordered was plentiful, fresh and delicious.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I must admit that I was skeptical at first about a Mexican restaurant in Wolfeboro. But I've been twice now and both times I've left full and happy. The first time a friend and I stopped by around happy hour and split a snack at the bar. The tostadas were big enough for the two of us to share and were served with chips and salsa even though they're an appetizer.

My second visit was with family for dinner. We all ordered enchiladas mole poblano and were all pleased! I asked for mine with cheese instead of chicken and the waitress suggested I have it with veggies instead. I will always order it that way, it was even better than chicken! Our waitress was very friendly and attentive and though all of the tables were full the food was served promptly.

The dishes weren't served with any sides and the restaurant is a little pricey. The dining room is quite small and can get loud. If you're coming on the weekend, make sure to make a reservation. This certainly isn't the best Mexican food I've ever had but this might be my new favorite restaurant in Wolfeboro.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

El Centenario is a small but fun restuarant. The food is very authentic and delicious. We always get the guacamole which is made tableside and to your liking.

1  Thank linguica
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had a most disappointing experience primarily due to incompetent service. While the food was decent (and the homemade chicken soup was excellent), our untrained server ruined the meal. Her most egregious error was delivering prepared guacamole to the table although guacamole assembled tableside is a signature dish. When questioned, she mumbled a lame excuse about serving the guacamole along with the entrees instead of earlier in the meal. She did not offer or bring sweeteners for the iced tea, and we cancelled one of the soups because it was to be served with the main course, rather than as a first course. Additionally, the table spacing is cramped, and the servers left an unattractive storage closet next to our table open for most of the meal. This restaurant did not live up to its potential.