“Tasty Lunch”

Windham Junction Country Store & Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Windham
Cuisines: American
Description: Off the beaten path, but worth the drive over. Nostalgic and comfortable with a unique gift shop. A good place to eat, shop and be...
Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

We have wanted to try this place for quite some time, but we always seemed to be in the area on Monday, which is the day they are closed. We finally hit it right and stopped in for lunch. They offer a number of sandwiches along with a couple soups. We ordered a chicken salad sandwich and a grilled veggie wrap. Both sandwiches had a nice flavor to them. The place is small with several tables for eat in. You order at the counter and the food is delivered to your table. The people working there are friendly and greeted us as soon as we walked in the door.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank Bden99

Reviewed February 12, 2019

Great food and atmosphere. Fun place to relax and run into friends at breakfast. Nice menu that changes....Love the breakfasts!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Bradley88
Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

This place is a local gem. We have been going there for years now. The food and people are wonderful. I am reluctant to write reviews for my favorite places because I am selfish. If people knew how good this place is it would be even more packed. But the owners are so wonderful I want people to know how special this place really is. The food is always fresh and alway delicious. All my kids love this place. We took my father-in-law this summer, he was born and raised in New England, he said it was the best clam chowder he ever had!! My teenage son just said the Sweet Potato Maple Cheesecake is the best dessert ever. The gingerbread cookie with frosting has been a family favorite. They offer lots of healthy light meals as well as home cooked comfort food favorites.
You order as you come in and then they bring you your meal. They do a great take-out and the restaurant is fun. I love the little gift shop. It is a great place for tourists to pick up a little gift or souvenir but as a local I love it too. I love playing the tourist when I’m there. The restaurant is casual and small so the tables can fill up but in nice weather there is a lot of outside space and if all the tables are full I keep a picnic blanket in my trunk so instant little picnic in the grassy area. The kids love it because they don’t have to sit at a table! It is so close to the Windham Rail-trails it makes the perfect outing place.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank 428Lovetotravel66
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Food here is amazing. It’s a bit off the beaten path, but worth the trip if you are in a 20 mike radius.

I almost always get the “Kaye’s Chicken Salad” which is incredible. They also have a Thanksgiving Turkey sandwich which is out of this world. Place also serves breakfast which is good, but lunch is better.

Windham Kitchen never disappoints!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank chrismader30
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Very casual atmosphere but they are not casual about the food. Always interesting and homemade. Great local secret.

Date of visit: July 2018