“Home Cookin on the Highway!!!”
Review of Grandma's Kitchen

Grandma's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Whitefield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Description: NO RESERVATIONS~ FIRST COME - FIRST SERVED ~WE CAN SERVE PARTIES OF ANY SIZE.- MAXIMUM AT ONE TABLE IS TEN..IN THE SUMMER OUR PATIO IS ALSO OPEN WITH LARGE PICNIC TABLES *Classic American Diner food ! Good Home cooking** Fresh Seafood **Fresh Roasted Meats*** Fresh homemade pies*** Our Menu has a large variety of . Burgers.. Sandwiches ..Subs... Dinners, Daily Specials & A Kids Menu.. Reasonable Prices .
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Right off the highway there's this great sit-down diner that you walk in you swear you're back in the fifties...Very friendly waitstaff..sit were you like.
We perused the menu,and found nothing over ten dollars.I ordered the hamburg with onions and mushrooms and my wife ordered to turkey dinner. I also ordered the thin onion rings with the burg.
I don't know too many places that hand make their burger for seven dollars,but this place does! Very well done.Simple and just what you would do if you were making the burg at home.
My wife's turkey dinner was quite tasty,but a little skimpy on the turkey. Real mashed potatoes and gravy,with a side of cranberry sauce.
A piece of homemade apple pie with vanilla ice cream finished off the meal.
I was a little disappointed that I didn't see Grandma there....I heard she's a character!!
Have fun!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I found this place by accident and loved it. It is off the beaten path but luckily my GPS recommended it!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

breakfast was great, service was slooow...we got there and the inside restaurant was full so we sat in the screened in area, it took a while but got our orders in and coffees/juices for the kids. Food came but then never saw our server again, the other 3 tables had a different server and she was in and out a hundred times but ours seemed to have gotten lost. I went inside to pay and found the restaurant empty! and our server sitting down

1  Thank Dina-Family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I love eggs benedict, and am very picky about it. It was a special at Grandma's Kitchen the day I was there, and it was one of the best I've ever eaten. It was a nice local eatery.

1  Thank ptully262
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Go there for breakfast. Delicious mushroom egg white omelet. Good coffee. Made an unpleasant stay at a hotel more pleasant.