“Relaxing”

Ranked #1 of 3 Whitefield B&B and Inns
Hartford, Connecticut
“Relaxing”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My husband and I planned a very spur of the moment trip to New Hampshire in July. I found this B&B on the internet and gave them a call. The owners were very personable and accomodating. We were greeted with a afternoon wine reception on the porch where we met the other guests and learned about the area. I have a wicked wheat allergy, but Roger and Chris made sure I had a safe and delicious breakfast. Our room was relaxing with a wonderful bed. We will be going back this fall for a foilage ride. Accomodating to motorcyles as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The couple running the place were warm and hospitable.
The service was great, the rooms and common areas are beautiful. They are very friendly to vegan and vegetarians and will accommodate any special need or request.
I recommend it strongly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My flight out of Edmonton, Canada was delayed by 4 hours which created all sorts of problems with my connections. I had mechanical problems with my rental car and had to turn back and get a different one. I was travelling alone which compounded the problems. Chris and Roger were only worried about one thing when I finally arrived a day late. Was I safe and OK?
They serve lovely breakfasts, the rooms are spotless and have all the same amenities (plus more) as any hotel and they are dedicated to making your trip a good experience.
It was my first time at a B&B so I was uncertain as to what to expect. It was great! My sincere thanks to Roger and Chris

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jcpent
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My parents and I stayed here while visiting with family in the area and we found Chris and Roger to be warm, friendly and welcoming! The food was superb and the accommodations were perfect for us. I love Victorian antiques and I loved looking at all of the treasures that were carefully arranged and the stories that Chris told us about them. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Northwood, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I have visited the Lion and the Rose B&B a number of times since 2007 and have always found quality, value and consistency that now-a-days seems rare in a vacation destination. Owners Chris and Roger Croteau have restored the Victorian home with love and ingenuity that is always a treat to simply enjoy. The well maintained clean rooms, with private baths, are a treat to experience as each is delightfully themed. One can’t go wrong selecting any room from the charm of the French Quarter to the breathtaking luxury of the Egyptian room. Breakfast, seated at the fancy dining room table, is guaranteed to satisfy. I highly recommend the Lion and the Rose to all weary travelers looking to experience a welcome home smile given by simply the nicest people in the business. Enjoy!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique, select by location and tubs
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Chris197066, Owner at The Lion and the Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
Thank you for your gracious review,the B&B is always lively & fun when it's Girlfriends- get- away weekend! See you soon!
Chris & Roger
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2011

We had a really friendly welcome from Chris and Robert and a great stay with them. The house has a very uniqie decor, that although wouldn't be to everyones taste for their own homes, each room has its own character. We were had an extra surprise when we found out they have an indoor hot tub! and although we didnt bring out swimsuits Chris directed us to the nearest Wallmart to get some.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you could relax in the hot tub!
Alton Bay, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 15, 2011

My first stay was a romantic birthday weekend in the fall. The innkeepers were warm and welcoming, a couple who loves serving others. As ex-innkeepers we were tuned in to every minute detail. The stay was flawless. The room, breakfast, cookies, suggestions of where to go. I can't say enough good things. Six months later I brought my sisters and friends for a get a way weekend. It has become an annual event and we are soon to have our 7th Girls Getaway. My husband and I have returned for numerous visits to this our home away from home. When our son got married we gave him a stay there. My mother and other family and friends have stayed there upon our recommendations. No one has been disappointed. I love it all, from the country simplicity of the White Lilac Room to the opulence of Egyptian room. Perfection!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank towanda1019
Thank you for the wonderful review,as always it is good to see you and all of the family.We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Chris & Roger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefield
Cabot Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Jefferson
Bear Mountain Lodge
Bear Mountain Lodge
#1 of 8 in Bethlehem

Been to The Lion and the Rose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!