After extensive research on the web, we elected to reserve a three day stay at the Mountain View Grand Resort in New Hampshire to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary.
Subsequently, we were very concerned by a few "Over the Top" and extremely negative postings on Trip Advisor. We however decided to abide by our original decision.
When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly and welcoming Doorman who was quick to inquire if we had special needs he could assist us with.
Once inside we were in awe of "La Grande Dame" of the White Mountains with her Old World Charm and Splendor. The beautifully furnished Lobby was artfully decorated and arranged to please the eye and provide an excellent place to relax and appreciate the beauty of the Period furniture and the Historic Value of this magnificent room.
The veranda and grounds were immaculate, impressive and extremely inviting for an afternoon outdoors, enjoying the beautiful sunshine and a pleasant stroll on the beautifully landscaped grounds, admiring the special touches such as the giant chess set in an exceptional setting.
Our room was equally charming and impeccably decorated in the same Old World Tradition, making it extremely inviting and pleasing to the senses. It was very well equipped with all the amenities for comfort and well being.
Our charming and friendly Hostesses were quick to remember our names, our favourite table, and always welcomed us with sparkling smiles and pleasant conversation to start off the evenings.
We were fortunate to have Raoul as our Server and he made our meals in The Tavern extremely pleasant and enjoyable. we enjoyed great service, good conversation. knowledgeable advice on selections of food and wines. He also gave us great suggestions for spectacular day trips affording us the most scenic areas to visit.
Yet best of all, was our Anniversary Dinner in the beautiful and romantic Wine Cellar;candles, fresh flowers and beautiful music! Not to mention the delightful Eliah who helped make this meal so memorable. A Special Thank You to Troy for preparing my perfect Kir Royal! Our many Thanks to the Chef for such a perfectly presented delicious meal as well as the delectable surprise treats offered throughout the meal. Most memorable of all, was the Very Special Anniversary Platter prepared for us by the Pastry Sous Chef, our sincere "Thank You", it was truly beautiful and very touching!
We would also like to thank the entire staff; they were all so friendly and extremely attentive to our every need. We will certainly be back to see them again next summer as we feel we have made lasting friends of them all.
We would therefore like to post our own "Over the Top" Favourable comments on this glorious resort and it's extremely friendly helpful and competent staff!
Our stay at this fabulous resort is Second only to our Wedding Day 50 years ago!
Our most sincere Thanks to all for making our stay aMost Memorable One!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa White Mountains, NH - Whitefield