Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa
Carlson's Lodge(Twin Mountain)(Great Value!)
$117
$99
Hotels.com
Eastgate Inn(Littleton)(Great Value!)
$89
Country Squire Motel(Littleton)(Great Value!)
$59
$197
$179
Hampton.com
Littleton Motel(Littleton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,148 results
All reviewswine cellaraxe throwingmovie theaterfront porchthe barntavern restaurantgolf coursewhite mountainsair hockeymovie roomturn down servicemountaineering clubindoor poolfine diningdog sleddingice skatingping pong
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Found this beautiful hotel on-line by chance. The hotel, the grounds, and spectacular mountain views far surpassed our expectations. The hotel staff could not be more helpful. The manager, Mrs. Baker, and servers Heidi and Jill were so friendly and incredibly accomodating. We had the perfect romantic weekend getaway. Our biggest decision now is trying to decide whether to go back in the summer or fall. We loved it!

Reviewed October 24, 2010

We stayed at the Mountian View Resort on our 5th Anniversary... From the moment we pulled in the door person was funny, sweet and personable! They staff in the tavern like Mrs Baker and the bartenders Troy and Bailey were amazing! They took care of our special requests and treated us with the utmost respect.
If you can only pick one thing to do in the spa select the Tower Spa tub. It's romantic private and worth every penny! I had an amazing facial!
We will be back next year

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I knew the Mountain View Inn when it was operated by the Dodge Family. Ah if only Skyler Dodge were there now. He knew how to run a hotel.

The good parts first. Beautiful grand old hotel dripping with history. The views from the porch are unmatched. The food was tasty and very well presented.

The staff is unrefined, frequently incompetent and desperately in need of training. They simply do not know how to address guests' needs.

For example, I was traveling with, among others, an 83 year old woman. They put her on the third floor. There is an elevator but it is old and requires a bellman to operate it. You couldn't find a bellman to run it. When the hostess (whose stand is right next to the elevator) was asked if she knew where the bellman was she said, "Oh one will be along eventually I'm sure." 15 minutes later, no bellman. The hostess did nothing to help.

Another person in our party was sensitive to certain smells. When she called the front desk their response was that the clenaing staff doesn't use any cleaning agents with that floral smell. "I'm sure it will go away." Upon insisting, a new room was offered.

The next day the room wasn't made up. When she called the front desk they didn't even know she was in the room. "Do you want us to come clean it up for you?" The guest declined but did request some fresh towels. They delivered a stack of fresh fluffy bath mats.

Check out was a complete fiasco. 30 minutes trying to get the room chrages correct and two weeks later I'm still dealing with it.

Oh and don't expect any kind of accomodation to be offered for your complaints. None was offered and I didn't ask. Most hotels want you to return and try to make amends. The management here takes a different approach; we've got your money for now and we don't care if you come back.

Most of the staff need training. Some are just rude. The management seems unconcerned and, if you read the other reviews, offers canned responses to the same complaints over and over again.

I know that someone at the Mountain View reads this. Do the hotel a favor. Hire a consultant to come in and train your staff. The hotel has such potential and much to offer but the lack of management and staff training detract greatly from this grand old lady.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank CptLouisRenault
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I had purchased a 2 night package with a round of golf at a charity auction earlier this year. While we do not play golf, I thought we could probably exchange for a spa treatment or lunch etc. In any event, we headed up to the hotel which is in the northwestern corner of the White Mountains. Before even arriving here, the pictures and website reminded me a bit of the the hotel in the Shining, but I thought, its only New Hampshire!

Well, we drove up from Boston and while not the best weather, it was still very scenic. The hotel is located in Whitefield and probably the biggest employer in the area. Whitefield, like many smaller towns in NH, has been hard hit by the economic downturn and while it is tempting to do everything at the hotel, I do encourage visitors to go down town and spend a little money if you can. These folks really need some help and I particularly recommend the Mainstreet Italian Deli for a quick lunch.

Well, like everyone else we had to have our bags hand carried up 2 flights (the elevator is old and apparently has a mind of its own - guests are not permitted to ride in the elevator unescorted). As we walked down the hallway to our room, which was at the end, I could not help but feel as though the hallway got longer as we walked. It very much reminded me of something from a Steven King film. Even my spouse commented on the never ending feeling as we walked each time. Our room was nice enough in a corner with a deck and 180 degree view of the mountains. The room was not the cleanest, however, and they could do much better. The bathroom was also poorly lit.

Upon checking in, I explained that we did not play golf and asked if we could exchange for a spa treatment etc. The clerk at the desk said that she would check with the manager and give us a call later. To make a long story short, the manager was unwilling to permit us to use the value of the round of golf (which also included a cart) for any other services at the hotel. Ok, while I knew that the package (when I purchased at the charity auction) included golf, I felt fairly certain that most hotels would permit us to use that value for other services if we elected to do so. The fact that the manager at this hotel flatly refused and offered nothing in exchange, did not impress me with the best guest service.

Much has been written about the movie theater. Well, its a very professional mini movie theater and we looked forward to scheduling a movie. But the day after we arrived, the movie projector was sent out for service and the hotel had no back-up projector. As a result, there were no movies for the rest of the week which was very unfortunate given that the weather was not the great, and there is very little to do in terms of indoor activities. Again, not the best guest service.

Our first night was very interesting. I was awakened at 3AM as a result of loud banging and thrashing noises. My spouse was already awake. I told myself not to open my eyes for fear of what I might see and thankfully, fell back to sleep until the morning. The next night was equally as unsettling, and again, an awakening at 3AM and more . . . .

Creepiness aside, the tavern at the hotel is very nice and the barmaid is a lovely person (I don't remember her name, but she is originally from Maryland) and very helpful in selecting the hotel's specialities. Do try the chicken pot pie - its nothing like the cardboard flavorless pies that most grocery stores sell. The breakfast buffet in the dining room is also very well done and the staff making omelets and pancakes each morning is very accomodating. While I have said that we do not play golf, the course did look very pretty and of course, there is also horse back riding if you care to do so.

Overall, I would rate the hotel average although many of the service staff were exceptional. I would not recommend the hotel to anyone who is physically challenged in any way as there is much walking and stair climbing.

Reviewed October 17, 2010

I was a little surprised by the previous comments because that was not our experience. We stayed here 2 nights. Unfortunately, it mostly rained while we were here. The bellman helped us with all our luggage to bring it up the stairs to the inn and then up to our room. While our room was not huge, it was adequate, and had a huge closet. We had a beautiful view from our room, as well. I did not notice that the room was dusty, and I am quite sensitive to dust. I will say that the bed is very uncomfortable, but we went downstairs and asked the front desk for something to make it softer, and we came back up later to a bed with a feather bed of some sort on it, which made the bed extremely comfortable for our stay. We ate at the tavern two times, and had a very friendly waiter the first time and waitress the second time. We didn't get anything fancy, but the food was good. The waiter gave us ideas on where to go to see moose (unfortunately, we did not see any). We never went to the bar, so I can't speak for the service there. The breakfast buffet in the morning was very good and we had a beautiful window view from our table. There are beautiful views of the moutains and trees from the porch of the inn. We sat out there one evening, and the only negative is that people can smoke out on the porch, and our relaxation out there was cut short when a woman came out to smoke (I am allergic to cigarettes and cigars). The elevator is a really cool old elevator with gold bars that are pulled across by the bellman, just like in the early 20th century. Unfortunately, you cannot use it yourself, so we always walked when going downstairs. However, the bellmen were great about taking you up in it if you preferred to take it up from the main floor. The basement had a movie theatre where you could order popcorn, and a couple of game rooms. However, it was musty and dusty down there, so I was unable to stay (however, the theatre did not smell dusty). They have a huge gym with plenty of machines to use - I wish we had time to use it. There was also a nice pool and hot tub. One negative was parking - we definitely had to search for parking spaces, and it was a distance to walk to the inn. It would also be helpful if they had some sort of overhang to the front of the inn when you pull up to bring your bags in when it's raining, and if they put in some sort of ramp. Also, the main floor of the inn was rather warm - I'm not sure if they have air conditioning down there since the rooms have ac units in the windows. The inn is really beautiful on the outside, with its yellow exterior and the beautiful scenery. I think the next time we are in the area we will try the Mount Washington Hotel to see how it compares.

1  Thank MAP1080