“If you are about to book, don't. It actually bothers me that they may get others money”

Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitefield
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Took my wife for our first anniversary here, great views, but.... There were 2 weddings going on at the hotel and obviously the transient guests take a back seat. Nothing was available, tried to book a spa appointment a couple weeks beforehand but the wedding were already booked in there. The restaurants were all booked with wedding parties, the one good thing about the place is the view and while we were sitting watching the sunset we were asked to leave because a wedding group needs the space. Apparently their money is greener than mine. Since there was no place to eat as the restaurants were overflowing we went back to our room with a "view" . Hard mattresses, flies everywhere overlooking concrete and a watertower. I understand its a historic hotel, I was not expecting a grandiose room, but this was bad. I was ok with everything at this point, then the music started. You know when someone drives by with the bass on the car stereo cranked to 10. Multiply that by 5 and you get an idea of how loud the noise from the wedding just outside our window was. I called down, I could deal with it for a couple of hours if the cant move us. They could not move us and the wedding was to go to 10:30. I could see my wife on the verge of tears. Time to check out, I luckily got a room down in North Conway about an hour away. Exactly what I want to do at 8 oclock on my anniversary night is drive an hour to stay at a Hampton Inn, which by the way was not bad at all, but at this point the Hanoi Hilton would have been an upgrade.

The front desk was ok, they were nervous and knew that the place was bad. But nothing was done for me except printing out directions to the Hampton Inn. The Hotel stole what was supposed to be a special night from me and I paid them for the night before and some mediocre meals at best. The hotel management is greedy, they should make the wedding parties book out the hotel so the no transient guests are there, or increase their group rate to offset the cost and leave some rooms empty. I know this cant always be done but at least keep the transient guest in a separate area of the hotel, dont put them right on top of a wedding reception.

The staff is tired, untrained and confused. They hate being there and they don't want you there either. Management does not make their presence known. They stay behind the curtains polishing brass on the titanic. I am actually very easy to please but when I pay for a room and I am having a quiet evening watching the sunset enjoying the only good thing about the place, don't tell me there is someone more important than me that needs my chair. What kind of hotel lets a wedding monopolize prime public areas at key times? Put them in a meeting room or have them book a suite. If I had a clean, quiet room, I would have been ok, but that was nowhere to be found at that hotel.

In a word don't go there, unless you like getting ripped off, and made to feel like you are imposing. If that's the case save yourself a drive and walk into a strangers house (preferably a dump) and ask for a meal, you get the same effect. Shame on you management you wasted my time and money. Omni, Marriott take notice, great building (needs a paint job) great views, could be the next Wentworth or Mt Washington with proper management.

Actual conversations with staff. (just a small sample, nothing has been exaggerated)

"Can we get a table for 2"
"sorry the kitchen closes at 10
"Ok, but its 9:50"
"Sorry the kitchen closes at 10"

"do yo guys have a game room"
"define game room"
"a room with games in it"
"yes we have one of those"

While watching the sunset on the front deck
"Excuse me we are going to have to ask you to leave the area, we have a wedding function here"
"but we just ordered"
"I am sorry we have a wedding coming in"

"Can I get a pint of long trail"
Bartender 1 "sure" then leaves and bartender 2 comes out
Bartender 2 "I cant find your order in the system, what room are you in"
"its not in the sytem because I just ordered it"
"well, what was it"
"a long trail"
"I am not seeing it"
"30 seconds ago I walked into this bar and ordered a beer, nothing has been put in the system"
"Oh ok" prints out a bill for a $9 beer which I sign.
Bartender proceeds to help others as I stand there for 5 minutes.
"excuse me mam, can I get my drink that I just paid for?"
"oh, oh, oops"

"where are restrooms"
"over there"
"where?"
"Over THERE"

As we leave the pub
Bellman "The gym is still open, not too late to hit the treadmill"
Did he just call me fat? I am kidding on this one, he was just being friendly, a rare occurrence here.

Room service
"Can I get a tuna melt"
"sorry thats on the old menu"
I mention this because I saw this excuse on some of the old reviews. (from a year ago) Maybe you should change the menus.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hyde1535
There are newer reviews for Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Stayed here one night for a wedding so we didn't get to use the amenities. Front desk service was lacking. Room was covered in dust. Bed was awful. Service at restaurant and reception was slow. Views from the front porch were fantastic! I'd recommend popping in for a drink or snack on the porch only.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Where do we begin? From the moment we arrived I should have known it was going to be a bad experience. (How we ended up here: Every year we go to The Mount Washington Hotel for our Wedding Anniversary. This year---#5--- we thought we'd change it up and try somewhere different. This place had "8 diamonds", Wine Spectator awards and Conde Nast awards... so we thought we'd be stepping it up a bit for a milestone event. Oh how wrong we were. )
Upon arriving, I was a bit surprised at the size of it, the pictures on the web made it look far bigger than it actually is. Oh well, I guess my husband's Dr. was right when she said "its ... well... cozy. Its sure not the Mt. Washington."
Upon our arrival, I went to the parking lot, we pack light, and we can usually carry our things from our car. There were no spaces open in the lot. It was Friday afternoon and the lot was full. The lines in the lot are no longer visible on the pavement... so the parking was rather haphazard. With that, we pulled up to the front drive, intending to drop off our bags, and then seek out a parking spot. There were several other cars pulled up, doing the same thing, coming and going, like any other country inn/hotel. Almost as soon as I exited my car, a bell man was yelling to me from the stairs. I couldn't hear him, so we walked up on to the stairs... he walked quickly down to us... with his hands up... as if we shouldn't be on the steps.
"Are you staying here?" In an unfriendly tone. "Yes we are." "well... you know its early yet... (it was around noon, a little after)... your room might not be ready." We are now face to face, in the middle of the front steps of the hotel. I was a bit worried at this very awkward "greeting". I said ok and looked at him in question for what we should do next. He seemed frustrated in general, like we were breaking all the rules. "Well... go on in and see if your room is ready. But if it isn't... you can't bring your bags in and you can't park there... you shouldn't be there at all." Mind you... there were 3 other cars parked there with no drivers in sight. The way was not blocked at all. I tried to continue up the stairs, but he was still in the way. He stepped aside and was still talking. "You're going to have to get that car around back... I have 6 buses coming in here... if that room isn't ready, you have to move out. And you have to leave your bags in the car, you can't leave them here." We went to the desk to find that our room was ready and we could head right up, though the staff member was also very rushed, not very friendly and robotic almost. It was more like signing in at the Dr. than checking in at a hotel. I turned from the check in desk to find the bell man with his hand out looking for the room key. Rushing again. He took off for the door saying to follow him. I did (my husband had his foot in a cast so I told him to hang back...I'd run after this bell man). Once outside he rushed down the steps and was barking at me to "move that Jeep" (its a 2010 grand Cherokee limited... not like its an eyesore or anything). He wanted me to move it up and across the way, so that now, the way WAS blocked to traffic. He pulled out the bags and started back to the steps, telling me to pull the car to the back of the property. For the record I never did see any of those 6 buses pulling up... and our room overlooked the driveway, I did see 1, several hours later.
I returned to the lobby having found a spot in a field down the hill, and the bellman was waiting for me with my husband. (the parking was a hassle until Sunday afternoon) He brought us to the elevator and informed us that it could only be operated by a bellman. The doors opened at our floor, he handed us our luggage said the room was around the corner and down the hall and off he went, always rushing, never making eye contact. I'm used to bellmen showing you to your room... but... I was still optimistic.
The room was tiny, the closet was a nice size, but the bed, TV and side table filled the room so that there was only a slim path to walk around the bed. The bathroom was nice, updated, though there was no fan, so when one took a shower, it was a steam bath.
Shortly after we were in the room we realized, it was infested with huge black flies. We were going to call, but we were headed out, they were just flies... we were being optimistic. The farm was nice, the animals were friendly we were impressed with the grounds. This place IS beautiful just rather chaotic.
Lunch in the Tavern was very tasty; the staff was nice, but very rushed. We were greeted by our server with "hey there, before you start looking at that menu, i need to give you our specials” in a loud hurried voice, not what I'd call friendly. We then walked around the grounds, there are Adirondacks everywhere, but they're just not comfy... they're way too low and they have a very weird angle... not like the Adirondacks I have, or any others I've ever seen for sure. Then the weddings started. As I said, it is beautiful there, but they have the cocktail part of the wedding, on the front steps. The front steps are MAYBE 10 feet across. So once those steps are filled with partying wedding guests, it is nearly impossible to navigate in and out of the hotel. The chairs on the "veranda” not at all comfortable. They LOOK comfy... but they're just not.
For dinner, we walked to the Club House, the menu was limited, it was the same as the lunch menu from the Tavern, we asked if the Tavern would have more, we were assured it would. Walking back to the Tavern, we found the exact same menu. We had seen some interesting things on the room service menu, so we headed back to the room. I called the woman that answered the phone sounded flustered, and confused, but finally got out the "can I have your order" bit. I ordered the first item, and got a long pause then "uuhhhh... what was that?" I read the item from the page again (Grand Turkey Dinner). "I need to talk to my manager; can I put you on hold?" "Sure". She returned a while later to say they didn't have that. So I asked for our next choice the Pecan Chicken... same pause, same manager question... same answer... she then said we had an old menu. I asked how we got a new menu... silence. I thanked her and we returned to the Tavern. The Onion Soup was lovely... the burger was good, the salad was excellent.

Beds are THE most UNCOMFORTABLE thing we've ever slept on. And Pillows instantly collapsed into hard little balls. We both woke up with aches and pains good thing we were off to the spa.
Or not... how did this place get a Conde Nast award? The receptionist seemed terrified, we were smiling and agreeing with her, she was dropping things and losing her train of thought. She asked if we wanted robes and spa sandals. We said yes and it seemed like that was the wrong answer from her expression. She then got them and asked what size sandals. We asked for a 9 for me and a 10 for my husband. She gave him what she said was a man's sandal then gave me a little green pair and said "these are 8s” with a big smile. We just smiled back... whatever, they're sandals. Then she tells us that I would be going one way to the ladies lounge and my husband would be going waaaaaay down the hall the other way to the men's lounge. ---ok--- She started to show me to the ladies room, then ended up telling my husband, 3 times... that he had to stay at the desk and wait... that he couldn't come with me. He hadn't even flinched! It was so awkward... we were like ok! He is staying right here. I changed, the therapist came to get me... and low and behold I had to walk THROUGH the public lobby of the spa in a robe!! I have NEVER been to a spa where you have to walk through public areas once you've changed... it was just strange and uncomfortable. The massage was excellent. Both therapists were great, very professional, the listened to what we wanted and did a great job. It was also a tough climbing 3 flights of stairs to get to the spa.... as I mentioned my husband had his foot in a cast. We did call for the elevator but as the weekend went on, that seemed to be a futile thing. On numerous occasions we'd hear the elevator call button ringing, but the elevator would never come. Once, we brought it to the attention of the dining room hostess that was right there, with it ringing loud and clear. She looked put out that she had to get a bell man to operate the elevator.
This was our anniversary. My husband always goes to the hotel florist and has a nice bouquet sent up. Not here. He had called to ensure there was a florist on site and they had assured him there was. Then when he went to the desk and inquired about the florist they asked "what fridge did you put your flowers in?" Confused, he explained again that he wanted to speak to the florist about ordering flowers. "Oh, our florist is out having surgery. You can't get flowers." He asked why 2 days before he'd been assured he could get flowers and they had no answer. Yet every morning and evening there were fresh flower arrangements in the lobby, and we saw several couples that night with presentation flowers in the dining room, and they were not with wedding parties.
Back in the room, the flies were abundant once more. The hotel was super busy with the weddings going on, so we swatted them ourselves, we were also headed out again and they were only around during the day, so we decided if they were still there the next day we'd get someone up there. (Housekeeping could not have missed them... they were dive-bombing us whenever we were in the room).
For dinner, we had reservations in the main dining room. As both the website and the very detailed voice mail confirmation I had received stated, the dining room was formal and the dress code was strictly enforced. We arrived dressed up for a nice dinner, my husband in his suit and tie, to find that only one, of the 4 other couples, had done the same. All of the other couples were in jeans and casual button down shirts, sleeves rolled up... they looked like they were going clubbing. The voicemail confirmation not only said that the dress code was strictly enforced; the woman was also rather condescending about the fact that "of course it would be a sellout; therefore we were to call and cancel our reservation immediately if our plans were to change." I had found that statement a bit much, at least the way it was delivered... so imagine my surprise to find ourselves in a nearly empty and rather casual setting. We sat down at 8. We didn't get our drinks until about 830... though our server came by about 3 times with a fearful expression saying "oh you don't have your drinks yet?" I asked for the wine list and was given a small card with maybe 15-20 wines on it. I asked if that was the only wine list and was told yes (Wine Spectator said they had a great cellar with over 9000 bottles) They were accommodating and let us order up that wonderful Onion Soup from the Tavern instead of the Dining room fare. We ordered the Tenderloin. Medium. It seemed to take a long time... we hadn't got our dinner rolls yet either... our sever came by at least 5 times wringing her hands about that. Our neighbors had been offered a large breadbasket with various selections for them to choose from. Finally a man came by with a small basket, 2 dinner rolls inside; we were each given one... still no main course. But several visits from our server to see if we had our 2nd round of drinks yet.
When the meal came it looked like it had sat under warming lights for a long time. The Béarnaise sauce was crusted over it. Cutting into the meat it was very well done. Our server seemed horrified, she rushed off to talk to her manager and came back offering new steaks. It was 930-945 at this point. People were loading AV equipment out of a rear meeting room, through the now empty dining room; a man was clearing all of the settings of plates and glasses from the empty tables around us. I didn't want to wait for new steaks to be cooked, and with other experience... the 2nd steak...if the 1st is overcooked... the 2nd is always undercooked and, we didn't want to waste the food. So we had about half of the meal... the steak was so dry it was hard to eat. The server kept suggesting we get dessert, as it would be on the chef due to the steak snafu. We weren't interested in dessert at the moment so instead they charged us $51 for our two main course meals. ($51 was the full price for the Tenderloin/Lobster tail meal; we had opted out of the lobster tail so our meals were actually $42 each. So they took $33 off).
We walked around the grounds again, sat on the veranda for a bit, then returned to the room. It was 10:10. I called room service and asked for ice-cream. They said the kitchen was closed. I asked why our room book said they were serving lighter fare from 10 pm - 7am... silence. They were closed.
Sunday morning we went to breakfast at 10am. The hostess greeted us... we said 2 for breakfast... she snickered... and said "uh it is at least a 30 minute wait” in a rather condescending tone. There were at least 4 empty tables visible from where we were standing. I asked if there was anywhere else to get breakfast. "no.." of course not...
That afternoon we tried the indoor pool. The Jacuzzi was nice... the pool was freezing... overwhelming scent of chlorine in the area, though the pool was cloudy. The surrounding hand painted mural was beautiful.
Sunday evening we decided to eat in the Tavern... the Chicken Pot Pie looked great and we wanted to try it(it was delicious). Upon our arrival... the host looked at us like our hair was on fire... we finally had to say... are you open for dinner? "uh... yes... dinner? yes." "ok... 2 for dinner?" "Oh----” He looked around as if there were no open tables, even though there were only like 3 couples in there. He got menus and started to lead us into the more formal room, we asked to sit in the room by the bar as the fire was lit. He looked panicked and said he had to go ask his manager. He was gone for a while, came back, asked us if we were sure then sat us. Several moments later we saw 2 servers having "words" about how we apparently were supposed to be sitting at her table in the other room. They weren't trying to be discrete about their conversation at all... and they were in plain sight of our table. Our server was nice, and I asked again for the "large" wine list. She brought me the same small list as the night before. I asked, isn't there like a 9000 bottle cellar here? Can I see that list? "Well... do you just want to look or are you going to order something." "Well... I don't know... I haven't seen it yet." She brought me the list... it was about 4 feet away, not like she had to go far to get it. It was very large and complete; I am interested in wine so I was taking my time looking at it. 3 times she came over and asked if I was just looking at it, or if I was going to get something. At the 2nd inquiry, we had been considering a nice French red... by the 3rd inquiry we were over it. I set the wine binder down to rescue my barely eaten Onion Soup from being whisked off the table by another server that had appeared out of nowhere and our server came and took the wine binder away...even if we did want to order ... she wasn't asking us again.
We took another stroll around the property; unfortunately there was no fire at the fire pit that evening. (It had been over crowded the 2 nights before, with all of the wedding guests and others).
We returned to the room and got brownie sundaes sent to the room. It just wasn't good, whipped cream was tasteless; brownie seemed like a convenience store offering, ice cream was just ok. And again... the person that delivered the items seemed scared, he just stood there after he set down the tray... we had to ask if there was something we had to sign... as my husband was reaching for his wallet to tip him. Then he piped up, pulled out the folio and said oh no... just sign, gratuity is included, please just sign.
I think we are pretty pleasant people... we are polite, we smile, we say please and thank you... we're patient... not sure why everyone at this place seemed timid, they were terrified to make decisions or give answers without asking managers, everywhere we went... it was very strange.
The cherry on top happened that evening. We were watching TV and I heard scratching by the head of the bed, on the floor. I looked over the edge to find a mouse scratching the bed post. When he saw me he took off across the floor and went under the baseboard. My husband says "I knew it!" I looked at him with question. He reminded me of our first night there. We'd been ready to go to bed, the TV was on and I'd felt something wriggling by my toes. I had jumped up and fluffed the blankets wondering what it was (thats when we saw the stains all over the down comforter too, it was between the sheets so we grinned and bared it). He fessed up that he saw the mouse that time... but he hadn't said anything to me, he thought he saw it again the night before. Well, now we both saw it... sitting right there under the baseboard.
I know, I should have called the front desk... but it was 1AM... and I was just done with this place. I wanted to get the night over with, get up and get out.
In the morning, we rang for the elevator... I told my husband he was crazy for thinking it was going to come... we waited, and waited... no elevator. SO we hefted our bags down the steps and right when we got to the bottom a bell man showed up and asked if we needed the elevator---- really??---
I thought about letting all my frustration out when I handed in my "express check out papers” but I bit my tongue... because it was going to be an unloading and I didn't want to do that to the person who happened to be at the desk. We should have complained while we were there, I know, but 99% of the staff we encountered was rushed and seemed like we were annoying them, or taking them away from something far more important. I just didn't have the patience to get through that sort of conversation while trying to put up with all the rest.
I had called The Mount Washington twice during the weekend, trying to move over there--- even on the phone, their staff was so pleasant, sure of themselves and helpful. SUCH a contrast.
We've learned our lesson... The Mt. Washington Hotel is the best in the area.
I still can't understand how this place got 4 diamonds for lodging and 4 diamonds for dining. THIS YEAR?! it is pretty.. but obviously not really clean (it looks clean... but mice and flies? Dirty comforters?) The bed was a brick, the pillows were terrible. The Tavern food was generally good, but the fine dining fell FAR short. We've traveled many places, we've stayed at many "luxury" hotels... this place... isn't even close.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LisaP25
eehlert, Manager at Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2010

On behalf of the entire staff of Mountain View Grand, we are sincerely saddened by this guest’s experience. We have gone to great lengths to address her comments and make necessary improvements. The Managing Director has spoken with the guest to address her concerns and amend her displeasure. We only wish that this guest would have mentioned these problems to a manager when she was here so that we could have corrected them at the time.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel with the most stunnung views. The food was great and the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. My four year old loved it - meet the farmer went down a treat, as did the swimming pools. The only downside was the room was a bit small but we hardly spent any time in it. It is a great palce to visit with lots fo places to visit - loved it and will return! It also has one of the best fitness centres I have ever seen in a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
eehlert, Public Relations Manager at Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2010

It’s a pleasure to hear that your visit was a pleasant one and an honor to be perhaps your first Trip Advisor post. Thanks for the kind words about our fitness center, swimming pools and our Meet the Farmer activity. We hope that should you come to the U.S. in the future you’ll consider permitting us to host you once again.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

I stayed here in early summer with my two children. I booked a deluxe mountain view room. The mountain views from the front porch and the swimming pool are amazing, but I wouldn't bother with booking it in my room again. There's no balcony and no comfy place to sit looking out the window. The room was okay, nice and clean but considering they did an update in recent years, it felt very 80's.
We were there just prior to the pool club opening so there was no pool service, but the pool itself was in a lovely location with gorgeous views. It was chilly though! Luckily we were there on consecutive 90+ degree days or my kids might not have used it.
The restaurant is nice, the food was good, not great. The simpler salad/sandwich items were more tasty than the "fancier" options.
The staff was very nice in every interaction.
One weird thing: the elevator is old fashioned and requires a porter to operate making it inconvenient. Not a problem with two kids who enjoy running up three flights of stairs, but others might be annoyed.
We went to visit nearby kids' amusements. If I took my kids to Santa's Village again, I'd stay as the hotel was very convenient to the park, otherwise I would not return.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at Mountain View and we’re pleased that you would recommend it to friends. We regret that you felt that your room didn’t feature the convenience of a balcony for enjoying our mountain views. Many of our rooms do feature such balconies and we regret that the details were not made clear to you at the time of your reservation. We begin to heat our pool depending on the weather each year. It’s unfortunate that you just missed the first heated day in June. Our historic elevator is manned 24 hours a day for the convenience of our guests. As to room updates, we are constantly updating our historic facilities, spending over $1 million each year on these projects. We’re pleased that you found our staff to be pleasant in every interaction, that your room was nice and clean, and that you enjoyed your time at Santa’s Village, a truly excellent, nearby children’s theme park. We hope that you’ll return to Mountain View if you come to our region again.

Reviewed August 31, 2010

My husband and I came here the day after our wedding for our short honeymoon before returning to work. (See my other reviews as we continued our honeymoon in Vienna and Greece in July.)
The hotel is grand! It is stunning and the staff were great. It felt very old and we liked that. The view was amazing. One morning there was construction on the hotel and thank goodness it wasn't every day! We had our massages in the spa when in the middle, the fire alarm went off! In robes we piled onto the porch to watch the firemen/women. The alarm went off during boiler work. Because of this, we were treated to a hot soak for the next day in a small tower overlooking the stunning view! And we had our massages finished. The spa was great! The hotel wasn't booked, so it was nice.
The only downside...the rooms really need to be updated. The carpet needed updating. The bed was nice and the bathroom clean and updated with still maintaining that style, but the carpet..and we were in one of the best rooms in the place. Also, the tvs weren't even flat screen!!! Old school televisions. It would save on some space as well.
Very sweet..we were brought chilled champagne and nice note twice. That was a nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Congratulations on your marriage! We appreciate your kind words regarding your short honeymoon visit to our hotel. It’s gratifying to hear that our spa staff turned the alarm inconvenience into a very positive experience for you and that you enjoyed the chilled champagne amenity.
We spend over $1 million each year in updating our historic facility. We are in the midst of gradually replacing the older carpeting in our guest rooms and hope that we have the project completed if and when you return to Mountain View. Thanks for writing.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

this hotel is in a beautiful spot bit the rooms are dissapointing basic and not as luxourios as one would expect ,, also if your elderley or not good on the stairs would not recommend it , its difficult to get the one lift which is very old and a member of staff has to be with you to use it , i stayed for two nights breakfast is not included , the reception staff were not the warmest of people unlike other places i stayed ,a cheery good morning would not have gone a miss . spa and beauty treaments are available but way overpriced

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
eehlert, Public Relations Manager at Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write. We strive to offer consistently friendly reception service and are sorry that in your case that apparently did not occur. Please know that your concerns have been shared with our staff. We have been awarded Four Diamonds for Lodging by AAA for the past several years, though some of our rooms vary in size. We are not sure which room you occupied, so it’s difficult to respond with specifics. It’s also important to realize that we spend over $1 million each year to upgrade our historic resort, the most senior in the state of New Hampshire. If you visit us again, we hope you will find your room more to your liking. Though manually operated, our elevator is manned 24 hours a day and is available by the push of a button. Finally, our research indicates that our spa, rated #5 overall in 2008 among Resort Spas in North America by Conde Nast Traveler, is competitively priced when compared with similar facilities.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefield
The Lodge at Bretton Woods
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
Bear Mountain Lodge
Bear Mountain Lodge
#2 of 8 in Bethlehem

Been to Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!