2,235 results
All reviewswine cellaraxe throwingmovie theaterfront porchthe barntavern restaurantgolf coursewhite mountainsmovie roomair hockeyfine dininggrand resortindoor poolice skatingdog sleddingping ponggame rooms
Reviewed October 7, 2017

Great time for a one night stay from our cabin in Maine to see Mt Wash.Service in the restaurant was sketchy at first- believe it was mid season and new staff training was going on. Once the Boss noticed our displeasure all was fixed. Thanks for the save.
Great location , amenities and overall service.Loved the porch.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
MVGManager, General Manager at Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Dear sng302,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that your displeasure was rectified and you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

On the Northwest side of the New Hampshire where the White Mountains begin to descend into the Connecticut River Valley, the Mountain View Grand stands as a monument to the Grand Hotels of New Hampshire's past.

The most distinguishing feature is the central tower above the lobby that now houses the resort's spa. The next most distinguishing figure was the veranda across the front of the building. It was the perfect place to relax and drink in the mountain views that evidently give the resort its name.

This was a family trip for my wife, 14 year-old son and me. Aside from the gorgeous scenery, I was struck by the extensive daily programming. Each morning the resort distributed a flyer with scheduled activities, and while we participated in many, we needed at least a couple more days to do everything on the list. Some of the things in which we did partake included: ax throwing (yes, they do it every day), Frisbee, poolside golf, resort scavenger hunt, hotel tour, on-site farm tour, biking, bocce, s'mores at the fire pit (every night), life-size checkers on the front lawn, and my wife took a soap felting class at the farm.

Admittedly, not every activity always had participation. I signed up for Whiffleball, but when I got there it was just me and the activities staff, so we skipped it. Same with Ultimate Frisbee, I was essentially the only person to sign up, so again it was me and the activities staff. Fortunately, we recruited a family of four to join us for a bit.

Much of our time was spent at the outdoor pool. It was big enough so that even when there seemed to be a lot of people there, it didn't seem very crowded. There's also an indoor pool, which I'm sure is fine in the colder months or on inclement days, but we spent our time outside.

There are a couple options for food on-site. The hotel restaurant served three meals a day, or you could eat in the bar. Breakfast was an extensive buffet with eggs, meats, fresh fruit, cereal, breads/bagels, potatoes, etc. If you could name a breakfast item, it was probably on this buffet. If you wanted a more intimate setting, you could reserve a table in the wine cellar. Just bring a sweater because they keep the temperature at 55-60 degrees. After all, they wouldn't want their 6,000 bottles of wine to spoil. In the evening, you can sit on the veranda for a tasty dessert or after-dinner drink and listen to the piano player. Across the road, next to the outdoor pool, was the golf clubhouse where they served lunch and dinner.

If you opt not to eat at the resort, the dining options in the greater Whitefield area offer pretty slim pickings. There's a small pizza place in town, Dunkin' Donuts, Subway and a place called Grandma's Kitchen, otherwise you'd have to head to Littleton about 10 miles away.

The rooms were comfortable. Ours had two queen-size beds and a big marble bathroom. Unfortunately, we booked one of the Classic Room with "northern views of our property," rather than the Grand View Guest Rooms with "stunning views of the southern valley..." In other words, we were on the back of the building facing away from the bigger mountains.

We would definitely recommend this place and may find ourselves heading back at some point in the future.

Room Tip: For the best views, opt for the Grand View Guest rooms in the front of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank ToneMan

Dear ToneMan,

Thank you for your considerate and in-depth review of your stay. It's wonderful to hear that you and your family had such a memorable visit to the resort. As you highlighted, we have many wonderful amenities and we're glad you were able to enjoy them during your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mountain View Grand soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

Loved this resort. From the minute we walked in to the minute we left. Everything was perfect. We attended a wedding and everything was beautiful. It was comfortable, clean and nicely decorated. The service was top notch. We had breakfast in the morning and the food was very good. The feel you get when you walk in is like you are home. They make sure your every need is attended to.

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter which room you get they all have a view and it is gorgeous there.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
MVGManager, General Manager at Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear 626clairev,

Thank you for taking the time to review. We take pride in catering to our guests needs and it's wonderful to hear you felt like you were home during your stay. Your compliments are greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome you for another stay in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

I stayed there 2 weeks ago after a dinner meeting and decided to stay the night...was assigned to a back room right next to the service delivery entrance in a postage-stamp sized room and was amazed that the rate was $280 per night!
I was disappointed by the waitstaff at both dinner and breakfast as they were quite slow and the place was not crowded.
Lastly, at breakfast I was seated at a table with badly bubbled veneer on the top and a small porcelain crucible as a table decoration that contained, of all things, PLASTIC greens...one would think for a "grand hotel" at that price, they could afford fresh greens at each table. Not sure northern NH is the location of a "grand hotel"....

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank D S

Dear D S,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience your encountered during your time with us. I have attempted to contact you directly so that we might be able to review your stay in detail, as we value all guest feedback. Unfortunately we have been unable to connect.

I discussed your dining related comments with Oral Kelly, our Director of Food & Beverage. He has shared your feedback regarding the slow service with the waitstaff. Personalized training has been provided to mitigate these issues moving forwards. He will also be personally examining the tables in the Harvest Tavern and replacing the one that was damaged.

Again, I am truly sorry that your stay did not meet expectations. If you would like speak directly, I am at your service.

Warmest regards,

Peter Melvin
Resort Manager

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Tip: Best price is through the resort. Avid Groupon deals. They were $100. More! The people are what make this resort special of course the scenery was beautiful but the people are so very friendly can’t do enough to make your stay perfect. The rooms are very clean and well-kept but small. Stay away from the breakfast buffet for $17 it is not worth it. The best thing about it was the fruit. The food was not that good and the service slow so I do not recommend taking meals there. Go around the corner to the Inn at Whitefield for a nice dinner and about 1 mile to Grandmas Kitchen for breakfast or lunch yummy and inexpensive!
The spa was very nice but pricey and they add 20% tip.
I cannot say enough about the staff. They are awesome!!!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends

Dear skigma,

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit overall, but please accept my apologies for your dining experience.

I have shared your feedback with Oral Kelly, our Food & Beverage Director, and Nathan Varney, our Executive Chef. Both will be reviewing our breakfast buffet to ensure it is up to our standards. Additional training will also be provided to the waitstaff that served you. While it is unfortunate that dining at the resort did not live up to expectations, I am glad that you got to enjoy a few of the other great local dining establishments.

I do hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future. If you have any additional questions or concerns, I am at your service.

Warmest regards,