Nestled in the mountains of NH, this resort has the most beautiful views. Sitting on the front porch in the rocking chairs enjoying a cocktail was the epitome of relaxation. My husband and I stayed for the weekend as an anniversary splurge and it was just what we needed. It's a fairly isolated area so not much to do but relax and play golf. If you are looking for lots of action, this isn't the place to be. It's more geared to couples or low key relaxing families. Our room was very nice with a super comfortable bed and huge bath. The room was less hotel and more bed and breakfast style. Although the food was delicious, unfortunately the service on our first evening was absolutely terrible. Apparently they bring students over from Slovenia to work in exchange for room and board but they don't all speak great English. Our waitress was lovely but the communication barrier had us and most of the patrons around us pretty frustrated. Customer service is what wins repeat customers so it's unfortunate that they decided to put a non-English speaker in such a vital customer service role before she was equipped to handle it. On a positive note, the manager we spoke with went out of her way to compensate us for our troubles. We were very happy with how they quickly tried to remedy the situation. Management in general was quite accommodating and did everything possible to ensure we were happy. Overall, our experience was quite positive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa White Mountains, NH - Whitefield