We stayed for two nights in January and had a great time! Location on top of a hillside was beautiful as you are surrounded by mountains on all sides, and within 1/2 hour of major ski resorts. Hotel rooms and public areas are well-maintained, and rooms nicely furnished. I did not give a perfect score on the room/sleep quality as we both thought the temperature was way too hot, even after turning the thermostat to the lowest setting - had to leave the window open so we could sleep at night and not roast! Hotel and Tavern staff were super friendly and helpful, and there were many activities throughout the day and evening to keep you at the resort. Loved the farm tour, and you could tell the barn staff were very enthusiastic about their job and loved every minute of it! Historic property tour was very interesting, and you saw parts of the hotel that were otherwise closed, i.e. ballroom used for weddings,Garden Room, etc. For a different type of activity try axe throwing!! Lots of fun! Enjoyed also the wine tasting and the wonderful pianist who played in the evenings. You will love this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa White Mountains, NH - Whitefield