Being that I have travelled extensively in NH, I thought I knew most of the hotels in the White Mountain region. What a wonderful find this place was. I found it on a google search, looking for a place to go that gave us the option to ski but if the weather was not good, to relax and enjoy a spa, pool and good food. Well, I found the place!
We have stayed at the Mt. Washington Hotel many times at this time of the year. We enjoy it very much and spoke about how it compared to this. I would say it is equally as good, and similar but a bit less formal. The hotel was not busy the days we were there, which was nice. The fitness room was very good, looked new, a great number of machines. The yoga and boot camp classes were good. One of us had a massage and really enjoyed it. The view from the top of the spa is amazing. They have a farm, and a walk over there is a must. The woman who works there really made our trip special. She is very friendly and knowledgable, teaching us about the animals they have. We ate our meals in the tavern and the food was above average. Good menu choices. One night we ate in the wine cellar. If you can splurge on a dinner, the ambiance is just fantastic, service and food were up to par.
I would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa White Mountains, NH - Whitefield