This is simply beautiful. We took a family here for 4 days. Received a great deal. Many amenities and lots to do. Never a dull moment. Our 5 year old loved it all. We tubed, and snowshoed, cross country, made snowmen, ate s'mores fire side daily, went on dog sled, played broom ball. Took in a movie at night (when we were not to tired) in the theater, visited the farm each morning - and all that in four days and never left the hotel property. We could have stayed another week - still more to do. They run an awesome kids program (no extra fee) three times a day, so my husband and I could have some alone time. Service at the restaurant was slow at times but we could care less. Meals priced right and tasty. Rooms could use some updates but we were good. Staff always friendly - kudos to the recreation and barn staff - engaging, friendly and knowledgeable. Left on name basis with many. All that in the most beautiful of settings. Remote and untouchable views! Cannot wait to return for spring season, summer and fall seasons. Next time will definitely try the beautiful spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa White Mountains, NH - Whitefield