My family usually goes on a tropical vacation in the winter but this was our first-ever "cold" vacation. I had "liked" the hotel on Facebook and the daily posts convinced me I had to book a trip for the family. We have a 10 year old son and a 3 year old daughter so we needed a diverse range of activities. The experience did not disappoint on any level! The hotel itself takes you back in time and is truly beautiful. The staff, to a person, went above and beyond to make you feel welcome and at home. We loved every activity - tubing, X country skiing (my 10 yr old LOVED this!), broom ball (my 3 year old LOVED this!), axe throwing (my 47 year old LOVED this!), the campfire with the s'mores, the hot cider, the wine tastings (I loved this!). We booked massages which were amazing. The pool, game room and movie theater were perfect. The movie theater is exceptionally cool because they play random family friendly movies throughout the day or you can pick a movie and reserve a time - and they bring you popcorn! The dining was expensive but SO worth it. The manager David was amazing, as was Ben, as was one of our waiters - Derek - all of them! They were so used to children they made you feel at home. We did the wine tasting in the wine cellar which was a great experience. We played board games as a family in front of the fire in the library - straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting. It was just the kind of vacation we wanted and needed. We will absolutely be back and I highly recommend it to families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa White Mountains, NH - Whitefield