Just spent two nights at the MVGR and it was our third time. It is definitely a family friendly place and the kids had a blast going to the pool, the game room, the farm and the movies. We had a suite and the layout was perfect - kids in the other room separated by the closet and bathroom. The food was great, except the breakfast was your typical hotel fare. But I understand that they use the produce from their own farm in the meals the guests get. How many resorts can say that? Some of the staff definitely had an international flavor and were very pleasant and efficient. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous! And of course the views are spectacular. I’ve read some of the previous reviews and I think that some guests should align their expectations with reality. It’s one of the oldest wooden hotels in the country. That means they’re pretty limited to what they can do to the structure of the place. So the floors slope in places, the bathrooms have windows for natural ventilation, and they have to put window a/c units in instead of central air. If you want the modern sterile cookie cutter spa experience, go to Vegas. If you want to experience the history and charm of the way vacationers used to do it with infinitely better comfort than what they had, then go to the Mountain View.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa White Mountains, NH - Whitefield