Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa
Carlson's Lodge(Twin Mountain)(Great Value!)
$117
$169
$99
Eastgate Inn(Littleton)(Great Value!)
$89
Country Squire Motel(Littleton)(Great Value!)
$59
$192
$179
Littleton Motel(Littleton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,147 results
All reviewswine cellaraxe throwingmovie theaterfront porchthe barntavern restaurantgolf coursewhite mountainsair hockeymovie roomturn down servicemountaineering clubindoor poolfine diningdog sleddingice skatingping pong
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I felt the menu in the resteraunt was limited. When you stay some place for eight days and you only have about 9 items on the menu it is limiting. Other than that a great vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

The location is absolutely breath taking and the resort itself is lovely. The wedding was fabulous and the Crystal Ballroom is a perfect venue.

In terms of the just 'staying' at the MVG Resort there were a few glitches.
1. the service in the restaurant - the breakfast buffet is great, so stick to that . The guests at the wedding only tried ordering off the menu once, as the service was so deplorable that you never did it again. Examples: Oatmeal poridge brought to the table with no milk or brown sugar - they arrived 15 minutes later as did the butter for the toasted English Muffin, getting your tea but not having a cup, food arriving cold after a 30 minute wait. The server brought 3 single jam jars to the table for 6 of us and one of those 3 had already been eaten by a previous customer and was just about empty - gross!!!
2. the food is really 'not that good'. The appetizers for the wedding were delicious but the actual buffet was ok but for 175.00/plate I would have thought it would have been tastier - the chicken stuffed with sausage was wrong on many levels!
3. the staff who provide room service do not speak a lot of English but on the whole are pleasant except for one blonde young guy who consistently walked on the left side of the hallway and just waited for people to move out of his way. I am a 55 year old woman and hope I have raised both my daughter and son better than that. He also almost drove over my 86 year old mother with her walker when he was speeding around the hotel with a golf cart - no appology - apparently blinded by his own beauty.
3. the spa is kind of 'different'. The cost for a mani/pedi was 110.00 and the two estheticians working did not know how to do a french manicure and so had to phone someone to come in and do it. Very accomadating but how do you have a Spa where something so common isn't provided?
4. Don't be shocked when the person who does your nails will then turn around and be the person doing your hair. I have experienced that in Mexico and Cuba but was surprised by this at the MVG in NH. Having said that; after an initial ear burning with a curling iron; my hair and my daughter's both turned out great.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This property is a fine & beautiful historic hotel, located in the White Mountains offering spectacular views. The interior and exterior areas are all maintained to perfection. The bad news is.....a good looking building and landscaping do not guarantee a good vacation. If you are a family with children, you will likely love this place. If you are not - and simply a couple who want some time away for a nice vacation - you may not. Further, if you happen to be a gay couple - like us - you will like this hotel even less. That is why we chose this destination because we wanted to be guests enjoying a straight-oriented hotel, with (what we hoped) nice & accepting people around. While the staff was 'cordial', we could definitely sense that we didn't belong there, particularly from other guests. The ultimate insult came when the breakfast server asked us if we wanted "separate checks". I have been in the hotel business for 30 years and was extremely surprised at this level of service at a hotel of this type. Perhaps this area of New Hampshire lacks the acceptance of most other other vacation destinations. Our reservation was for two nights, but we departed after only one. The pool area is beautiful, but be prepared for lots of kids and noise. Our time at Mountain View Grand was memorable - but not in a good way. BTW, I am not a "gay whiner crybaby" who wears my orientation on my sleeve. My partner & I prefer a straight environment - and we thought this would be a great venue for a vacation. It was a disappointment - particularly after driving all way up from Pennsylvania. Next time we'll remain at our B&B in Vermont -which was the TOTAL opposite of this.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank JKinPA
MVGManager, Guest Relations at Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Dear Guest:

We are pleased to know that you found our hotel beautiful and staff cordial. We are sorry that you did not feel welcome by other patrons at the resort. After speaking with your server, please be assured that no insult was intended, but simply a common accommodation.

Cordially,
Monica Blessing
Guest Relations

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I loved this hotel so much, I want to live there! The buildings and grounds are gorgeous, with stunning views. There is a lot to do depending on the season - I went in September, and the weather was perfect. I recommended it to a co-worker, who went in the middle of winter and loved the snowmobiling. In summer there's a golf course, and year-round, of course, a nice spa. For children, there's a game room, indoor and outdoor pools, and even a little theater where they can watch movies on a big screen (this was all free when I was there). There's a barn set back behind the hotel aways, where they have horses for trail rides, and sleigh rides in the winter.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank j9good
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We recently spent two nights, three days at the MVG Resort. This is one of the few four diamond resorts in NH and we heard a lot about it over the past few years.....

We're on the fence about returning next summer and I'll tell you why.....Bear in mind that we're rating the Resort as a four diamond hotel

Positives: 1) nice room, but nothing special, 2) well maintained hotel and grounds considering its age (oldest operating "lift" in NH), 3) lots of activities - 9 hole golf, spa treatments galore, nice (lit) tennis courts, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, a croquet field (also lit) , 4) wondeful children's Montaineering Club + family friendly petting farm and 5) a comfortable 20 person movie theater in which you can rent over 500 titles.

Lots to like but a few things were amiss during our visit and in fairness to you, you may want to know......this is why we're "on the fence" about returning next summer.

The food service and quality was average at best. It took FOREVER for us to get our meals and drinks at every meal. The qualiity and the diversity of the food was NOT four diamonds. The wait staff appeared shorthanded and were NOT empowered to offer complementary anything to help sooth our frustrations! We were zero for the three times we ate in the "Tavern". Second, NO concierge to be found Tuesday or Wednesday - would have been nice, frankly expected every day in a four diamond resort during peak season!

Finally, if we do come back next summer, we'll bring all our "toys" e.g. golf clubs, tennis racquets, etc. since our daughter had a faboulous time at the Mountaineering Club and their wonderful activities, including right through dinner! Mrs Baker run a very nice program for the children if you're interested in some husband/wife time!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family