“Very pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Very pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

This hotel looks like if it was built yesterday. Beautiful hardwood floors, super comfy beds and great views of the river. Small little details, reservation was not accurate but fixed promptly, few towels in bathroom and shy continental breakfast. I would highly recommend this to anybody visiting the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Hillsborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

We enjoyed ourselves so much in that idyllic and peaceful setting.The view from our room was just perfect and we enjoyed watching the dock and people going out in boats. I told my husband next time I really wanted a room with a balcony. There was plenty of access to the wrap-around porch but our own balcony would be wonderful. Breakfast was very fresh and the entire hotel was extremely clean with tasteful and attractive decor.

Room Tip: the basic king room is very spacious and airy
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeandg82
small town, nh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

I live only about 15 minutes away and come to this hotel on my own when I need a break from my six kids. The hotel is beautiful with spectacular views and sunsets. Very quiet and peaceful and close to Brattleboro, VT or Keene, NH if you want a nice dinner out. You can't do better in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank NhMomof5
saratoga springs, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We paid extra for the river view, and had nice deck chairs on our patio. The room was huge and delightful, with a kitchenette! I think it was built to perhaps be a hotel/condo but never made it to condo. We used the pleasant work out room, and had a delicious continental breakfast (included). The only downside for me was that I forgot to ask for a feather pillow. Beautiful bed and linens, but a foam pillow. I love feather.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

We had a long drive on our way to visit good friends in Maine, so we stopped along I-91 just across the Connecticut River from Brattleboro, VT. At the Riverside Hotel, we relaxed in the deluxe accommodations and super clean room with a beautiful river view. Just before the driveway, we found a general store and a liquor store with great prices! No taxes on alcoholic beverages in NH! We enjoyed our cocktails from our private waterfront veranda and watched an amphibious car cruising around in the river. The staff offered up several choices for restaurants and provided a dining guide for the surrounding area. We had a restful night in the sleep number bed before continuing our journey the next day. Just what the doctor ordered for the weary traveler. I highly recommend this hotel. The only thing missing is a restaurant/bar, but we found what we needed without any stress or strain.

Room Tip: Ask for the dining guide when checking in.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaroleFlorida
Brattleboro, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

I was initially hesitant about booking this place for our wedding reception, because I read a review here that there was a lack of organization from another bridge. Now that I've been dealing with them in planning my own reception, I wanted to do my bit and put my two cents in.
We've had a fabulous experience with Pierre (owner) and several of his staff members. All emails and phone calls have been returned promptly and they have been very helpful as we coordinate with various vendors. Shayla supplied us with a printout of the room dimensions as well as an itemized list of what is included in the site rental which made things so easy!
We negotiated a 10 percent discount for our guests, and the rooms are hands down the nicest in the area. Their conference room overlooks this river and even on a rainy day (when we dropped in on short notice to have a look around, and Pierre made himself immediately available to answer questions) it was absolutely beautiful.
Brides in the Brattleboro & Keene area....give this one a look!

• Stayed April 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
Narrowsburg, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

A beautiful relaxing place to stay. Our check - in woman was so very helpful. I would not hesitate to stay there again. Clean, comfortable and first class all the way.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Frank L, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. All the features you mentioned are great points about the hotel. The rooms are definitely larger than most hotels rooms and the bathroom is nicely appointed and large as well. I will most definitely share your comments with Rebekah. I'm glad you such a good experience. Thank you for staying with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chesterfield
Colonial Motel & Spa
Colonial Motel & Spa
#4 of 10 in Brattleboro
Comfort Inn & Suites Brattleboro

Been to Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!