“I love this hotel!”

Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
small town, nh
“I love this hotel!”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I live only about 15 minutes away and come to this hotel on my own when I need a break from my six kids. The hotel is beautiful with spectacular views and sunsets. Very quiet and peaceful and close to Brattleboro, VT or Keene, NH if you want a nice dinner out. You can't do better in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank NhMomof5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
saratoga springs, ny
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We paid extra for the river view, and had nice deck chairs on our patio. The room was huge and delightful, with a kitchenette! I think it was built to perhaps be a hotel/condo but never made it to condo. We used the pleasant work out room, and had a delicious continental breakfast (included). The only downside for me was that I forgot to ask for a feather pillow. Beautiful bed and linens, but a foam pillow. I love feather.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We had a long drive on our way to visit good friends in Maine, so we stopped along I-91 just across the Connecticut River from Brattleboro, VT. At the Riverside Hotel, we relaxed in the deluxe accommodations and super clean room with a beautiful river view. Just before the driveway, we found a general store and a liquor store with great prices! No taxes on alcoholic beverages in NH! We enjoyed our cocktails from our private waterfront veranda and watched an amphibious car cruising around in the river. The staff offered up several choices for restaurants and provided a dining guide for the surrounding area. We had a restful night in the sleep number bed before continuing our journey the next day. Just what the doctor ordered for the weary traveler. I highly recommend this hotel. The only thing missing is a restaurant/bar, but we found what we needed without any stress or strain.

Room Tip: Ask for the dining guide when checking in.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaroleFlorida
Brattleboro, Vermont
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I was initially hesitant about booking this place for our wedding reception, because I read a review here that there was a lack of organization from another bridge. Now that I've been dealing with them in planning my own reception, I wanted to do my bit and put my two cents in.
We've had a fabulous experience with Pierre (owner) and several of his staff members. All emails and phone calls have been returned promptly and they have been very helpful as we coordinate with various vendors. Shayla supplied us with a printout of the room dimensions as well as an itemized list of what is included in the site rental which made things so easy!
We negotiated a 10 percent discount for our guests, and the rooms are hands down the nicest in the area. Their conference room overlooks this river and even on a rainy day (when we dropped in on short notice to have a look around, and Pierre made himself immediately available to answer questions) it was absolutely beautiful.
Brides in the Brattleboro & Keene area....give this one a look!

• Stayed April 2011
Narrowsburg, New York
Reviewed October 5, 2010

A beautiful relaxing place to stay. Our check - in woman was so very helpful. I would not hesitate to stay there again. Clean, comfortable and first class all the way.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Frank L, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. All the features you mentioned are great points about the hotel. The rooms are definitely larger than most hotels rooms and the bathroom is nicely appointed and large as well. I will most definitely share your comments with Rebekah. I'm glad you such a good experience. Thank you for staying with us!
coventry,ct
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I rented two rooms at $150.00 each this motel supplies sleep number beds mine didnt work the clerk in the morning told me I didnt know how to work it so I was told I couldnt blame the motel for my terrable nights sleep,on the other room I rented for my son and his new bride the towels were stained and the same clerrk told me I could not blame the motel as an outside company washes there towles and washclothes. I travel a lot and i stay in holiday inns and hampton inns and I am treated like a valued guest when staying at these motels and i pay less money. As for my complaint about the riverside motel I have been told the owner would call me that was a week ago I MUST NOT BE VERY IMPORTANT Thanks Riverside Motel

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank glencoventry_ct
NEW ENGLAND
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I can't say enough about this gorgeous property. Its a hidden gem. Don't tell anyone. I booked a luxury suite for our anniversary. It was such a romantic surprise the second that we walked into the lobby.

I have to mention we slept so well in the sleep number king bed. I think I may just invest in one!

The views off the balcony of our suite were spectacular. We enjoyed watching the Canadian Geese fly over head while watching the sun set. It was so tranquil. I will definitely return here.

The guest relations staff was so helpful in reserving a gourmet restaurant (Peter Havens) and we just had one of the most memorable weekends of our lives together. Oh and did I mention, we are married 25 years!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Latchis Hotel
#3 of 10 in Brattleboro
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites Brattleboro

Been to Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!