“Always a Special Experience”
Review of Chesterfield Inn

Chesterfield Inn
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is my second visit to the Inn and I will return whenever I am in the area overnight. The accomodations are superb with beautiful antiques, modern plumbing, and scenic surroundings. For both visits I took a room in the "pets welcome" area of the inn. A truly special experience that includes a gas fireplace AND a private patio with access to the carefully manicured lawn surrounded by open fields. My dinner on Saturday was an event in itself -- thank you again to the superb chef! The staff at the desk and in the restaurant were wonderful and friendly. Overall a memorable experience I hope to repeat frequently!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Chesterfield Inn

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here for three nights to attend graduation at a nearby school. What a wonderful experience! The room was roomy, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The staff were helpful and friendly without being intrusive. Breakfast each day, and dinner which we had one night, were delicious. Bullfrogs and red-winged blackbirds serenaded us in the pond out front. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was fortunate enough to stay at the inn this long weekend and loved every minute of it! The staff was very welcoming and helpful... they were happy to suggest a variety of activities to fill our itinerary. The inn has a great location close to Brattleboro, VT (good shopping and restaurants), a variety of hiking trails and downtown Keene, NH (more shopping and more great places to eat!).

Our room was wonderful; very cozy with old country charm, a nice break from all the modernism you see in hotels these days. The beds were out of this world comfortable! We also enjoyed the flat screen TV during our downtime.

Finally, the food was divine, Excellent breakfasts were included each morning and we were lucky enough to dine at the inn for dinner one night. The filet was fantastic and I highly recommend.

Overall, I highly suggest a visit to the inn, whether for a getaway or a delicious dinner. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was the first time I have been let down by the tripadvisor community. I really fail to understand how people give this place such good ratings. Firstly, the inn is very close to a mini-highway with lots of cars zooming by (very noisy). Second, the minute we walked into our room it smelled like urine - likely the inn's cat that used our room as its restroom. Third, the rooms were rather outdated. Fourth, the shower curtains were really quite dirty. The only reason I gave this place 2 instead of 1 star was due to the comfort of the beds. All in all, however, I would highly advise you to find a different inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
BettyNewHampshire, Owner at Chesterfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

First of all, please allow me to apologize for your disappointing stay at the inn. Being situated on a busy road is a blessing and a curse, because it gives us a convenient location, but not the silence that you would find at an inn at the end of a dirt road. I'm glad that you had a comfortable bed and got a good night's sleep in spite of our proximity to the road.

I wish that you had let us know about the issues with your room so that we could have made things right for you while your were here. I will certainly be in touch with you directly to try to make things right now, and to garner any other constructive criticism so that we can serve our guests better in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights during an extended weekend in April, 2013. We stayed in Room 20. My husband had originally booked this room as a birthday surprise for me during the winter, but the flu and stomach bug caused our babysitters to postpone their commitment. The innkeeper was very understanding in allowing my husband to re-book.

The Room: Very relaxing and beautiful mountain views. The chairs in front of the gas fireplace with comfortable with the perfect fleece throw for added warmth. The jacuzi tub, though a bit challenging to get in and out of, was so inviting, and suited us perfectly. We loved the extra long counter space in the bathroom, along with plenty of cabinet space, as well as, the coffee pot and refrigerator.

The plush carpet was wonderful to walk around on and the cd player was an added touch that was a pleasant surprise.

The king size bed with the mattress foam topper was the ultimate in comfort! We have never slept so well at any other hotel/inn as we did here. Because of the comfort, we are now looking to purchase a foam mattress cover for our own bed. I usually bring my own pillow, but I didn't need to here.

The weather turned warm enough that we could sit outside on our private deck. Though the inn does state non-smoking, there was an ash try on the table of the deck. Our deck was separated from our neighbor's by a large bush, but we are grateful they did not smoke, as it certainly would have affected our enjoying the air. Also, you will hear traffic from route 9, but it did not affect us from relaxing and enjoying the property.

If you use your gps to find the location, ignore your gps if it tells you to take Brook Rd. Just stay on Rte 9, as you will come upon the inn right after you pass Brook Rd.

Food: We had dinner and breakfast for 3 days and enjoyed our meals very much, as well as, the atmosphere.

Area: We spent time travelling to Manchester, VT to visit Hildene. There are also nice shops and outlets in the area. We stopped at Rachel's for delicious home made soups and sandwiches for lunch--it was perfect! We also explored Brattleboro and its shops and had soups and sandwiches at Amy's Cafe and Arts with a view on the water--very nice. To shop in Brattleboro though, you do need coins for parking meters.

We would certainly welcome another stay here at this lovely place.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I made reservations to celebrate my husbands 30th Birthday. It was absolutely gorgeous. We purchased the couples massage package. The massages were done right in our room. We couldn't have been more pleased with the experience. The room was clean and well kept. We enjoyed the complementry breakfast. The food and service were both wonderful. The only downside was we only stayed one night! Brattleboro VT is less then 5 minutes away offering many restaurants. Great scenic area for hiking and relaxation. We can't wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 20 with a private deck, gas fireplace and whirlpool tub
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love coming here. My husband and I have been here twice and plan to come back, hopefully, at least once a year. The views are gorgeous, and the room has such a home like feeling to it. So comfortable! The food is excellent and filling. Love that it is homemade by their chef!

1  Thank Liliane P
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chesterfield
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Latchis Hotel
Latchis Hotel
#3 of 10 in Brattleboro
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel

Been to Chesterfield Inn? Share your experiences!