“Loved it so much...returned to marry eachother there!”
Review of Lazy E Motor Inn

Lazy E Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Weirs Beach
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am BY FAR more than pleased to be able to review the Lazy E yet another time. We decided that after our wonderful vacation in April that we would return again to vacation. I messaged Les and Linda...the owners...to see if we could marry at their place/Motor inn...Of course I was met with much help and a HUGE YES. Through email they worked very closely with me for 3 months to plan our beautiful wedding. This place is amazing. It's camping in a motel setting. I have met friends that will be my forever friends. So much in fact that two of them came back to the wedding two days after they left! You can build many bonds at this place, or you can vacation quietly...the choice is yours...that's why it's perfect for everyone. The staff at the Lazy E is tops...with Lindsay being one of the best young ladies that has ever touched our families hearts. Go ahead and book...whether it's for a night or your entire vacation...you will be SOOO glad you did. Thank you Les and Linda for letting us have our wedding there....and giving me by far the best day of my life in my favorite spot in the world.......

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Karringtyn

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed for one night in August largely because we were visiting the drive-in at Weirs and wanted somewhere fairly inexpensive to stay. We were impressed though at the staff who were all friendly and amazingly helpful, we rented a canoe from the inn and enjoyed exploring the shorelines the lake and some swimming. The views here are great and the accommodation was immaculately clean, like another reviewer mentioned if you want a Marriott then this isn't the place for you but for a great location and clean friendl accommodation it is perfect. My only tiny gripe would be that both beds in our rooms had seen better days and the mattresses needed replacing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hlrUk
Reviewed August 25, 2012

i spent a lot of time researching hotels and motels in the laconia area, also have stayed at a lot of diferent places. i thought after talking a few times to linda /owner,, that i was going to be staying at a senic hotel with a clear view of lake. This was not to be, not only did the wi- fi not work from my room(only main building) but room was very small could barely sqeeze into bathroom /shower and bed was really crappy , felt like i was on a roller coaster. the only place to sit outside was a small bit of porch with no privacy.! If your looking for a quiet place to get away and relax THIS IS NOT IT! Children as young as 6 yrs old are allowed to run amok until 11.00 pm or later every night. very disappointed that Linda didn't get it, ,just wanted quite place to relax and this was not it!!!! OVERSOLD & UNDELIVERED! GOOD but Small swimming area! Will never ever go back!

Room Tip: don't belive the ad the room was not as advertised. small fridge, very confinng!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank quester7s
LazyEWeirsBeach, Owner at Lazy E Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

The makeup of our establishment day to day depends on the makeup of the guests who are here. Generally we have a quiet place, but sometimes we have muliple families with lots of children, which unfortunately, for your sake, was the case when you were here. The children were not allowed to "run amok", but they were having fun. There are multiple places to sit on our property- picnic tables, patio tables at the waterfront gathering area and sun deck as well as the small deck outside your unit. The motel unit pictured on our website was the very unit you booked. When we describe the motel units, we emphasize that they have a small dormed sized refrigerator. We try very hard be honest about our rooms and do not "oversell our units" as you have accused. Many, many people love our place and we try our best to help everyone enjoy themselves and are sorry that you were disappointed when you were here.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

While I cannot in good conscience disagree with the rave reviews, and especially the comments concerning the cleanliness of the accommodations, and the friendliness of the management, one must keep in mind the fact that one person's expectations and experiences may not be exactly be your own. Our recent stay in the C-1 cottage was certainly a pleasant one, though by no means a memorable one. The cottage was clean, and the description of "nostalgic" was indeed suitable. Knotty pine decor, indoor/outdoor carpet, dim lighting, 2 hole outlets, small screen TV's, tiny bathroom, some of which were adequately described on the motel web-site, some not, provided a basic though not entirely comfortable stay. The location was nice, and while we did have lake views, we did have to look through trees and over cottages to see it. Truth be told, we knew that part before we booked and so I can't complain about that. My only complaint, and hence a lost "star" on the review, was lack on wi-fi service on our cabin. We were told on check-in that some cabins did not have great access, and that we might have to bring our devices to the porch outside the office to connect, and then return to the cabin "connected", as it were. Never worked for us, the longest connection we could maintain was bout 20 minutes, and I found that suitably inconvenient, enough so to dock them a star. If wi-fi isn't that important to you, do consider that and take my complaint with a grain of salt.

All in all, I certainly don't regret anything about our stay, and if lakeside cottages are your cup of tea, read up on what they offer, look at the pictures, and make your choices. If this is what you're looking for, you'll no doubt love it.

Room Tip: Do visit the website for room pictures, which rooms have been updated, and cottage/room layouts vis...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tonypicc01

We are sorry that you were unhappy with the WiFi signal on the property. The combination of multiple buidlings and trees have made getting a good signal throughout the property diffult...but we have good news...our WiFi has just been upgraded with great reception now available throughout the facility....including down at the boat patio area next to the waterfront! We apologize for the frustrations it has caused you this summer and hope that you will give us another chance.

The Lazy E Staff.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

After a recent stay at the Lazy E we cannot believe how accommodating and friendly the owners were. The location is spectacular, the rooms are so clean and comfortable and the impromptu boat rides and gatherings at the byob beach bar with a big screen tv were unexpected perks that the owners make possible.

I would recommend this great place on the lake to anyone seeking clean and comfortable accommodations with beautiful views, especially at sunset with owners who evidentally take pride in excellent customer service!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in M5,Sunday thru Thursday.The place was
awesome.Small bath but extremely clean and new.I like having the
larger living area and smaller bathroom myself.Took my Harley and
car.Caught in rain,the owner hooked me up with a hose,spunge'rags and
soap.We were there 2nd or 3rd week of July.Will definetly be back in
the fall and trying to get back 3rd week of August.Hope they still
have the the "stay 3 nights mid week and 4th nights free.The pictures
are right on the mark.You couldn't get any closer to the water.Been
going to the lakes region for 30yrs,definitely the best deal around.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shazo5
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in M5,Sunday thru Thursday.The place was awesome.Small bath but extremely clean and new.I like having the larger living area and smaller bathroom myself.Took my Harley and car.Caught in rain,the owner hooked me up with a hose,spunge'rags and soap.We were there 2nd or 3rd week of July.Will definetly be back in the fall and trying to get back 3rd week of August.Hope they still have the the "stay 3 nights mid week and 4th nights free.The pictures are right on the mark.You couldn't get any closer to the water.Been going to the lakes region for 30yrs,definetly the best deal around.

Room Tip: Call the motor inn direct.Owners are very helpful and will work with you.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Birch Knoll Motel
Birch Knoll Motel
#7 of 13 in Laconia
Weirs Beach Motel and Cottages

Been to Lazy E Motor Inn? Share your experiences!