“Charming and whimsical”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Weirs Beach
augusta
“Charming and whimsical”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

First time at this property. Had an art show in the area. Loved the fun and whimsical details of my room. SO happy there was a large flat screen tv, refridgerator and microwave. SOrry I could only stay one night. My only concern was that the walls are thin and could hear my neighbors. Wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lake Forest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

We frequently travel to Weirs Beach (at least once a year) and after discovering this Motel we have gone as far as changing our travel dates to make sure we get rooms there for our entire stay. You can google Lake Winnipesaukee Motel and see their website. Location is fantastic with plenty of parking and rooms are very reasonably priced (likely the cheapest in Weirs Beach). Donna and Rob are the owners / operators and are genuinely amazing and friendly people. They will always take some time out of what must be their very busy day to talk and make great suggestions from everything from places to eat to local attractions.

Each room is well appointed (on my last stay I noticed they upgraded to large High Definition LCD TV's) with it's own unique style. Rooms also have small refrigerators and microwaves. They also have a small house that you can rent that is detached from the hotel so if traveling with a family or larger group, this is a great and affordable way to go.

If you are looking for a fun, unique experience that feels like a touch of home, this is your place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigAlFromSoCal
nhmotelguy, Owner at Lake Winnipesaukee Motel, responded to this review, August 22, 2010
Golly, what I great review, tho I believe you are too kind. I remember ya guys from So. California as we enjoyed your visit as well.

Thanks much for your kind comments and your business. We shall hopefully see ya next year!

Rob
brattleboro, vt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

Pros - Clean, inexpensive, friendly owners, nicely decorated room, swimming pool, free WI FI, close to the pier and other attractions. Cons - Water did not go down sink and toilet well, driveway is hard to get out of due to short vision of passing traffic, kind of noisy being close to the road.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vt-deb
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

I booked it over the phone as it has the lowest rates amongst all the other inns and motels i called at around $65 so I thought that it would be super 8/motel 6 standard if im lucky. However, the motel and the room i stayed in are extremely clean and homely and it was a pleasant surprise. I stayed in one of the older rooms hence the walls are made of wood from the 1940's (according to the owners) and it has a log cabin feel to it so i would recommend requesting for such a room rather than taking the newer contemporary rooms. It is rather misleading to call this place a motel because the room itself looks like a room out of a bed and breakfast rather than a motel. The room came with microwave and a fridge and the bed is firm. The motel is next to the main road running through weirs beach (although the rooms are further) so be prepared to put up with some noise especially from bikes in the summer time but personally, the noise and the location made me feel more secure and it didn bother me once i fell asleep. The only fault i could find is that the shower is a little small but given that the rooms are designed long ago, i don't see what the owners could do about it. Oh and the owners are extremely friendly. I can see why people go back to this place time after time cause I would.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
bangor, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

My wife and i were traveling with my cousin who has stayed at the motel many times. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. They greeted my cousin by name as if he were an old friend. Both Rob and Donna made my wife and I seem very welcomed. The room was nicely decorated and you can tell that time was spent in doing so. The bed was very comfortable (room #4). It is more than you typical motel in many ways yet the pricing was extremely reasonable even for being off season. WE would definitely go back when in the area again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bangorpaguy
Chicago, Ill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2009

We decided to visit the Lakes area on our swing through New England to admire the fall colors, and stayed at this motel. We had no reservations, just playing it by ear and we were most pleased with our choice. The owners went out of their way to outline their suggestions as how to spend our time and to insure a relaxing visit. This you will find more often than not with the smaller mom and pop motels. Our room was very clean and comfortable complete with a teddy bear! My only suggestion is to upgrade to king sized beds, instead of the queens. Otherwise, everything was great.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stvlnd
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

I wanted to post how wonderful the owners are of the Lake Winnipesaukee Motel. Rob and Donna are so friendly and hospitable. We had the small efficiency that has total privacy and a great screened porch, unfortunately it was kind of cold for the porch, but it was a great room.

Made me feel like I was at home, not those boring white sheets, but nice colorful sheets like if you were staying in someones guest room.

My only complaint, and it is not much of one would be to put bigger TVs in the rooms, with the room as large as they are, having a little 19 inch TV up in the corner of the room makes it very hard to see any words on the screen.

Other than that, the room was great, the location could not be any better or any more convenient to everything. Will definately make this my annual stopping point.

• Stayed October 2009
2 Thank winnipesaukee
We took your suggestion to heart, and now most of our rooms have flat screen tvs. Thank you for your kind comments.

Rob
#5 of 5 in Weirs Beach
The Summit Resort
The Summit Resort
#6 of 13 in Laconia

Been to Lake Winnipesaukee Motel? Share your experiences!