“A great NH find”

and up
Day Trip to Mount Washington Cog Railway from Southern New Hampshire
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Weirs Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Kellerhaus ice cream, candy and gifts, an icon of the Lake's Region since 1906, is New Hampshire's oldest candy and ice cream maker. Known for it's Premium hand made chocolate and candy, and is NH's only ribbon candy maker. Famous for the top it yourself Ice Cream Smorgasbord using Kellerhaus' own ice cream, waffle bowls and old fashioned toppings made fresh on site. Old Fashioned ice cream buffet with a player piano and panoramic views of Lake Winnipesaukee and Mountains. Ten unique gift rooms.
Dieppe, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A great NH find”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

While staying nearby with my family, I decided to drop in and see what they had to offer. It was a down day, and it being March, options are limited in the Lakes region. I was more curious than anything. Having seen the house all week, my sweet tooth finally led me there. While not having any expectations, it was much more elaborate than what I expected, not just candy and ice cream. My son and wife came with me, and we each found something that interested us. An extensive gift shop, with lots of options, and I even managed to find some Patriots playing cards which will come in handy with friends back home. And the chocolate, too much for me to describe (home-made truffles, turtles...), but I bought enough to last me for a while. No time for ice cream, but I will be back...

Visited March 2013
5 Thank RoadDolphin

Meredith, New Hampshire
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Ice Cream Bar in the Summer and Ribbon Candy at Christmas”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Who needs more. This place is an iconic landmark for a reason. I've loved coming here for many years and will continue. It's clean and reasonably priced fun for the whole family.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank zoe_the_wonder_cat
New York
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“The aroma of homemade chocolate, yum!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We passed this store on our way up and were very curious to check it out on our way home.
When you walk inside the rich smell of chocolate is just delightful and the selection of confections is tremendous.
It's really nice and large inside, with a beautifully displayed gift section, that you can casually browse through.
I purchased an assortment of turtles and chews to bring to my office and all they did was rave about how delicious they were. I am waiting for Lent to be over to open the other chocolates I bought!
I found the service to be prompt and friendly as well. Definitely worth a stop in, wish it wasn't so cold out or we would have had some ice cream.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Christine S
New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such a treat!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Kellerhaus is such a treat - in more ways than one! You will always find their candy room is filled to the brim with delicious treats - I, myself, am partial to the turtles! Their ice cream and buffet is beyond compare. The ice cream and candies are made on site and you can tell the difference that "real home-made" makes. If you are looking for a unique gift for someone - well, there is something for everyone in their gift shops - from babies, to women, to Christmas ornaments, cards and candles. Kellerhaus is one delicious treat!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank vstarlady
New Hampshire
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A fun place to bring the grandkids at Christmas time”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

A week before Christmas, we brought three young grandchildren here for the ice cream buffet. This was a tradition we had when our own kids were young. Things are not quite the same as back then, when there was an animated reindeer band behind the large glass windows in the entry way, and other animated displays throughout the shop. It's still a nice place to visit, though.

The kids did enjoy the ice cream buffet (and the player piano) very much, but the necessary timing of our visit meant we had only an hour before Kellerhaus closed, so they were not able to see much of the Christmas room or the toy area. We did take them to the candy shop area and found something new there -- a candy buffet. Obviously we were not going to do that on top of the ice cream sundaes, but next time we may do the candy instead of the ice cream.

All in all it was a fun visit in a picturesque atmosphere. We plan to do it again yearly if possible.

Visited December 2012