“Yum!”

and up
Day Trip to Mt Washington Cog Railroad from Southern NH
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Weirs Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Kellerhaus ice cream, candy and gifts, an icon of the Lake's Region since 1906, is New Hampshire's oldest candy and ice cream maker. Known for it's Premium hand made chocolate and candy, and is NH's only ribbon candy maker. Famous for the top it yourself Ice Cream Smorgasbord using Kellerhaus' own ice cream, waffle bowls and old fashioned toppings made fresh on site. Old Fashioned ice cream buffet with a player piano and panoramic views of Lake Winnipesaukee and Mountains. Ten unique gift rooms.
Farmingdale, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Yum!”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We visit Kellerhaus multiple times during our week in the lakes region each year. The weekend breakfast is a good deal. I recommend getting only the waffle. You can top it how you like. I opt for the cinnamon apple and blueberry. As for the ice cream, well it's homemade and delicious. The vanilla is great as is the cherry chocolate and my wife loves the coffee flavor. Our all time favorite is the cookie monster. It's a blue, cookies and cream ice cream. The best cookies and cream you ever had. You get to top the ice cream how you like (hot fudge, butterscotch, chocolate sauce, marshmallow, strawberries, sprinkles, walnuts, whipped cream, etc). Don't forget the american flag! Wednesday is dollar cone day. What a steal! Also the gift shop has multiple rooms and areas and something for everyone. Homemade candies and chocolates are a hit as well.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank tjaden98

Connecticut
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Fun Place to Visit”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We went there on a rainy evening, when there was not much else to do. The gift shop was really fun and seemed to have something for everyone. Lots of candy & other yummy items. We also got the ice cream sundaes. I thought that there would be more flavors to pick from, but overall it was good. I think I ended up trying about 6 of the flavors (we all got different ones). The toppings were a lot of fun. The one complaint I had was the M&Ms, which were not real ones, and tasted pretty bad. But overall, it's definitely worth a visit and I would go back. It seems that kids would really enjoy being able to build their own sundaes!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank introspectionx
Marshfield, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Can you say make your own sundae?”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

So the reality here. Is this is not a place to go if you like small portions or are on a diet. Simply put- absolutely the place to indulge in delicious ice cream topped with as much as you can fit into your bowl and onto your fancy styrofoam plate underneath. The liquid toppings perfecty hot and cold as needed and the whipped cream is self serve too. Mmmmmm! As an added bonus there is a player piano for the kids (and adults alike). Oh, and the funny part, there is a scale too! Enjoy!

ct
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nice gift shop. Ice cream just ok.”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We had high hopes for the ice cream here. Unfortunately it really wasnt anything great. Just ice cream. I had hot fudge and I honestly could not taste it, it had no flavor. I asked the kids what they thought (and we are not shy with the hot fudge, there was plenty in the dish) and they said the same thing. Price wasnt bad - 5 people got 1 scoop sundaes for $21 - so it wasnt a big deal.

The gift shop is very nice. Lots of little rooms with different themes. If youre looking for something, you'll find it there.

Visited July 2011
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worst "buffet" waffle breakfast I have ever had in over 20 years of summer vacations.”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

$10 a person. You are served one undercooked waffle, a half scoop of plastic tasting fake eggs, a half scoop of undercooked hash browns and 4 small broken peices of burnt chips of bacon on a egg carton consistancy throw away cardboard plate. The "buffet" means you can put whatever toppings you want on your waffle. While I was forcing down the slop, people straight up threw away the entire plate after paying for it and walked out. I heard from the locals that they do have excellent homemade ice cream, but I was so disgusted that I will never return even if offered free meals for a lifetime.

4 Thank worldtripper420