“Needed food before the PM mailboat trip”

Weathervane's Lobster in the Rough
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well, thinking parking was going to be difficult, we arrived at the Weirs real early for our 2PM mail boat trip. Having poked around the strip and having played our quarters out at skiball, we decided to grab lunch. Our relative chose this place. He chose a yummy burger and my husband had the haddock sandwich--they both enjoyed them. My relative treated me to a lobster roll--one of the best I have ever had---all lobster with just enough mayo and no filler! Of course it was $19! I opted for the homemade potato chips and took some of them with me to enjoy on the boat. There is a small bar here with some interesting sounding drinks. We did not have any of those however. We sat upstairs which was great fun when the scenic train rode past. Engage your server if next summer they also employ students from European countries. They are friendly. This place is not inexpensive but the food was good. We could have grabbed slices of pizza along the strip and gotten away much more cheaply but this place was neat, clean--and the food was good.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (119)

Reviewed September 4, 2019

excellent staff bad timing on our part. there are not that many left. my wife pays $ 100. dollars on me and all she likes is haddock, onion rings.clam chowder

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 24, 2019

Surprised to find a Maine Seafood place in Weirs Beach. We can't recommend it. Sorry. If you want SEAFOOD go to the SALT WATER.

Reviewed July 24, 2019 via mobile

Not alot to say the food was very good the atmosphere was enjoyable but the service was very slow and disinterested

Reviewed July 13, 2019

Stopped here for dinner looking for something affordable and filling but not heavy. I had the New England clam chowder and house salad which were average but fresh. Pricey for what you got. Not a place I would likely return.