“Wonderful place, come back every year”

Lakeview House & Cottages
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I cannot fully express my love for this place enough on this website. My family comes up here every year and we always stay at the cozy. Our stays have landed us in the Maple Suite several times, various cottages and other rooms throughout the property. The relaxed pace of Weirs Beach is a perfect backdrop for this idyllic vacation stop. Some of my favorite parts are reading on the porch in the morning while looking over the quaint town, going down to the lake (a very short walk) and enjoying the water and boardwalk, and enjoying some time away from the loud, face-paced, hectic lifestyle of NYC. The owners couldn't be better. They are kind and attentive and are focused on making sure you have a great experience. They are always available to answer questions or give suggestions about the area or to deal with any problems that arise. The spaces are clean and comfortable with rooms or cottages ranging in size and access for a range of visitors. I often come with a family of 5+ but have stayed with just my SO for a romantic getaway. For any situation, this location is ideal.

Some specifics.
-fast wifi
-plenty of cable channels
-great location
-friendly staff
-comfortable spaces
-modern spaces with rustic feel
-attentive and dedicated owners
-fair prices
-two pools on location
-very close parking
-clean and maintained
-great views

I've been going to this place for my whole life and I hope to continue to do so.

Thanks for the memories, Joe and Dyan!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Andrew A
CozyInnWeirsBeach_NH, Owner at Lakeview House & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

We are very grateful to have our returning guests. Guests become part of our family - we see the kids grow up and families come together for reunions. This is the most gratifying part of being an Innkeeper!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I've been lucky enough to stay at the Cozy Inn a few times in the past couple of years. My last visit was for eleven days and I couldn't have been more comfortable and content!!! The staff is friendly and extremely accommodating, and the cottages clean and cozy, the name couldn't fit any better! I felt like I arrived as a guest and left as a friend!

It was nice to be within walking to a variety of places and not have to use the car. I would recommend the Cozy Inn and Cottages to my friends and family in a heartbeat!

~MJ Cormier~

Room Tip: I prefer the cabins for the privacy, but the Inns are very lovely and quaint with an awesome view of...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

We're very happy that enjoyed our place and your stay. We're also very happy to have you as part of our "family" and look forward to seeing you again! Thank you!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is a super cute, quaint, fun inn on Lake Winnepesauke. My family has been coming here since I was a kid (I'm now nearly 30--when did that happen???), and I can honestly say that some of my happiest childhood memories are from our time at the Cozy. The owners, Dyan and Joe, are fantastic, super responsive to anything we need and really invested in making our stay the best it can be. There are tons of options for where to stay--in the inn or in separate cottages (I've stayed in both), and everywhere I've stayed has been clean and easy. I love this place!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Yuki11235
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here recently for a quick weekend with family. We stayed in the Lakeview House. Check-in was quick and easy and I found our room to be cozy, yet neat and clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They were very helpful with recommendations on what to do and where to eat. There are two onsite pools and the beach and shops are just a two-minute walk down the hill. The front porch had unbeatable views of the lake. It was so nice to sit out on the porch in the warm evening air and watch the lights from the boats move across the lake. There was a grill and picnic table available for use as well, great for a barbeque. Parking was available with easy access. The Cozy Inn-Lakeview House & Cottages is in no way a modern hotel, instead a quaint historic location with a family friendly atmosphere. For my family and I it was a perfect place to relax and unwind.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We're very pleased that you found us and enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family and I stayed in the Maple Suite in the Cozy Inn which is the perfect place for a small family vacation (we ranged from 2-5 throughout the week).

Highlights-
- Friendly service: The owner and manager is available in her office most of the time and responds to the bell if not. She was extremely helpful with advise for where to adventure out to and didn't mind letting us into our room when we locked ourselves out! Very welcoming and friendly but clear on her policies a
- Comfortable living space: One thing I love about the suite is that there is a kitchen within our space so we can make our own food. There is a kitchen downstairs for the other rooms. Its a great way to save money and fun with the family (we try out all our new recipes each year and try to out do each other). There is also a porch that guests can use that I ended up reading a whole bunch on and sometimes we ate dinner there. The rooms are spacious and homy.
- Proximity to pool and lake: The heat wave in the beginning of the month was uncharacteristic but it was AMAZING to have a pool a few steps away and the lake a short 5 minute walk down the road. The expanded beach at the Wiers was great to relax and I saw a number of young families taking their kids out in the shallows. My dad was pretty proud of himself for doing a number of laps near the buoys.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family has been vacationing at the Cozy Inn for many years. It is not a fancy hotel. We don't want a fancy hotel. It is not part of a chain. We don't want that either. We WANT the simplicity of a cabin or a suite. (We've stayed in both.) There is WIFI and cable, which my adult children are happy to have, but I head right for the porch, with its rocking chairs, pleasant breeze, and lovely view of the lake and the mountains. Add in some swimming, some hiking, and some boating and waterskiing, and I am happy with the world. I go on vacation to get away from the demands of everyday life, not to bring it along with me. I can report from YEARS of vacations there that Dyan and Joe are not only pleasant but delightful and very hardworking. I don't mind getting my clean towels in the same laundry basket. I do that at home! The rooms are always very clean, and we always hate to leave.

Room Tip: Figure out what you are looking for that will make you happy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary A
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Decided on the lake for our honeymoon, and the term cottage was appealing, you would think romantic right? Not at all....when I called the inn to express my concern of romance, hence the fact we were on our honeymoon, they explained they were very clean and nice. When we arrived, we entered into our honeymoon nightmare. We were unable to see the cottage prior to checking in, and now I see why (the website pictures do this dump no justice). When we opened the door, we were floored by the age of the building and prayed it wouldn't fall in on us. The smell was overpowering, and the uncleanliness was unbearable. The bathroom was the size of a shoebox, and the toilet was leaning to the right and falling through. The shower was a single tiny stand up shower and the bottom was layered in roofing tar. How do you get this clean? You left your dirty towels in a nasty old laundry basket on the front deck, and they would come by and put clean towels in the same dirty basket and leave them on your deck. The front door was loose on the hinges so I didn't even dare leave anything in my room including my clothes. There was a creeper hanging outside of our room so romance was out of the question. We left after the second night and when I went to the office the owner was outrageously rude and advised we would receive no refund. Well here's a piece of advice....maybe you should take the $200 you just stole from us and use it to renovate the dump, and or buy a peronality. - The angry honeymooners

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angel W

We have always maintained that if you are not happy with some aspect of your accommodations, please let us know so that we may have the chance to rectify it by offering a change. If we are not told that something is wrong, we cannot attempt to make it right. These guests did not let us know at any time that there was a problem - even upon check-out. We have simple cottages at the beach with small bathrooms. We are always making upgrades, repairs and renovations. Cleanliness is our number one goal. If the accommodations were in the condition as they describe, we wouldn't be in business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weirs Beach
Weirs Beach Motel and Cottages
Lake Winnipesaukee Motel
Lake Winnipesaukee Motel
#3 of 5 in Weirs Beach

Been to Lakeview House & Cottages? Share your experiences!