“Exactly what I needed!”

Anthony's Pier Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Exactly what I needed!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was the first place we stopped on the beach in the early afternoon. I wanted a good drink and good food. I got a Margarita which was just ok. Just tasted like mix. I ordered the 1/4 lobster roll which was a lot larger than I thought it would be and delicious! We ate right over the water and the jack and Coke I ordered was really good although I had to go to the bar and get it myself. The waitress asked my husband what he wanted without asking me. It was a beautiful day and stopping at this place really made me happy!

Salem, Massachusetts
“Don't do it”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

As advised by other diners before walking in, don't do it! We almost did it, but walked away before having a bad experience. The previous diners said the atmosphere, service and portions were extremely lacking. Sometimes you have to pay for a view.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank reppop
Middletown
“Waterfront Casual Eating”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a great place to have a casual lunch. Loads of tables on the huge deck, some with umbrellas, some without. Food is ordered and picked up cafeteria style, and you choose your own seat. Condiments on a side table. Casual, relaxed and easy breezy. Not too expensive either. You will walk through an arcade to get there (and it used to be a dance hall, check out the inlaid wood floor). A nice place for families too.

Visited August 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Warm Fries and Distracted Teems”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The food is over-priced. A hot dog and french fries cost $7. The fries were not even hot. The teenagers working there seemed more interested in each other than being helpful.

I really find it rude when they don't make eye contact with customers who are ordering, but that is everywhere not just there.

I paid $50 to feed 2 adults and three kids crap food.

Disappointed.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank datagod
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Nice view, terrible food and service - skip it”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stopped here for a quick lunch while renting a boat. The teenage girls serving us wouldn't even look up from the counter and acknowledge us. We ordered three sandwich wraps, came with french fries - the french fries were cold, soggy and tasteless. They had to be frozen fries dumped in oil that wasn't hot enough anymore. The wraps were bland. Skip this place. Better yet, skip this entire cheesy town and go to Meredith or Wolfborough for real charm.

• Visited August 2012