“Dinner - Over priced”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Dinner - Over priced”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Both my boyfriend and I went there for a nice quiet dinner, but it was ok --- nothing special,
it was loud, people about us - scraping there chairs. Music was loud, food could be better and portions to go with the price. I rather have gone to a mom and dad diner instead. Pasta was not cooked enough, and my boyfriend's shrimp scampi -- not enough portion for the cost. We will not come back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank anniem4040

North Conway, New Hampshire, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This place continues to be consistently good! Great seafood, prices and service. We were a large crowd and we had an excellent experience. The seafood is fresh and tasty.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Lobster and Champagne”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Need I say more? It was wonderful! Fresh lobster and even if it was cheap champagne, it went down very well.

Visited August 2013
Toronto
“Its a seasonal restaurant in a tourist area.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a typical small town seasonal restaurant. No red lobster and such so you have this. They serve mostly Italian and some seafood.
Being in a small town, inland, ask yourself... Where do they find talented staff to keep up with the overwhelming summer season? How do you find a talented chef to prepare complex seafood? And, how do they keep the restaurant afloat the rest of 8 months of the year?
Answer: inconsistent quality, standard prices, and very young wait staff.
That being said. Stopped by for bite to eat Saturday night around 8. The place is clean, and friendly. Great outdoor seating. Our wait staff was great and our lobster roll was great ( note: get it double stuffed). The fries are seasoned and probably fresh cut. Complimentary fresh bread to start too. Had a great experience, but I kept my expectations low. Tip: if you sat down and are having a bad experience before you have even ordered your entrée, leave.

• Visited August 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Worst Lobster in New England”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was told that the Lobster Pound was a great place to eat. Not on this occasion. We arrived to a nearly empty restaurant with and easy 15 table open and told that it was an hour wait because they had a party of 40 people and couldn't serve people but we could go to the bar and order. We went to the bar area and told that they didn't want to add more customers because they didn't have enough wait staff, yet we watched two waitresses and the bartender hanging out with friends talking.

We stayed because we were just waiting for the drive-in movie to start so we had time to kill. I always wanted to try the Lobster Roll and was told that the Lobster Pound had the best Lobster Roll in New Hampshire. If that is the case than I believe that the Lobster Pound needs to shut it's door. The Lobster Roll that I experienced had a slightly better taste than Elmer's paste. I couldn't choke down a second bite. It was just horrible. The other food ordered was average at best, mostly frozen food reheated and sold.

I suggest save your money and not venture to this restaurant unless you are actually looking to eat paste.

• Visited August 2013