“I'd go else where”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I'd make another choice. This restaurant is conveniently located on the main street on the way into Weir's. Not busy at all the evening we went. The waitstaff was lack luster, though not really bad. Then there's the food. Very pricey in my estimation. Most dinners are ala carte. Price does not equal quality here. 1 pound steamer app = $22 (large and chewy). 2 pound lobster = $50. Lobster roll = $20. Lobster mac n cheese = $30. (large gummy pasta wheels, thick bland cheese sauce, and 5 small - bite sized pieces of lobster) Ravioli = $19 (4 small ravioli swimming in too much sauce). The wait for any sign of food was slow....at least 15 minutes before bread arrived on the table. Another 25 minutes for entrees to appear. 6 people (two children who had apps for dinner), no alcoholic beverages, with tip = $180. As I said, I'd make a different choice.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The food was decent but really spendy. Service was slow and the tables were a bit dirty. We definitely won't be back.

1  Thank Sue N
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have eaten in many restaurants all over the country. Never have I ever asked for the check before I finshed. The worst sevice untrained staff and way over priced. On a scale of one to ten this would be a zerro. The server we had looked about fifteen and took our order and forgot were we where. The food was cold by the time we got it and was not worth half what we paid. I have been in bad restaurants and had bad food but nothing compares to this. I would not send my exwife here. When I come back and I will I will tell everybody that ask don't eat there.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

While a went there with my wife because I had a craving for a lobster roll, I must say that while the lobster roll was just okay, the fried calamari with the ginger sauce was better! What really made this dinning experience good however, was the live music on the upper outdoor deck. Getting back to the lobster roll, they advertise it as being a "house specialty", but I found it just average.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We arrived at the Lobster Pound around 7pm on a Friday night. We were seated right away in a booth/table area in a corner. Atmosphere was nice but very loud. Our waiter, did not get to us until 15 minutes after we were seated. Actually, we were ready to get up and walk out, but we had driven for several hours and just wanted a decent bite to eat that was nearby to where we were staying. We ordered our meal and waited a good 20 minutes for the Italian Mac and Cheese dinner and Chicken Parm to arrive. We asked for more bread and a water when the meal come to us. We never got the water or bread, nor did we ever see our waiter again until the meal was done. We were there for almost 2 hrs!!!! POOR SERVICE @ it's best. Meal was not that great for the price. Would NEVER go there again. I wouldn't waste my time or money.