“Overall good”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Overall this place was good, the food was good and the service was good. I was disappointed in a few things.... 1. the waitress didn't know that their was sherry in the lobster bisque and I had a reaction to it (severe migraine for 3 days) 2. they ran out of the twin lobster special and being a lobster fan I was disappointed especially since we were there early on a Friday night. The lazy man lobster was good and we had amazing desserts. The waitress felt horrible that she made the mistake of not knowing what was in the bisque, said it was a "newer recipe." The decor was simple and the atmosphere was nice, a little noisy for a couple's retreat dinner but casual like we like. Unfortunately we will not return due to 1 & 2 above and it was a bit expensive.

1  Thank Kim W

Reviewed February 1, 2013

The food was good, but we found it to be noisy and overpriced. They do run specials on lobsters occasionally if that's what you are actually going there for.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The restaurant benefits being in the location that it is.
The food was average at best. Not something I would do again.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had dinner here on the night we arrived in Weirs Beach. We got there around 8:30 on a Monday night in August, and there were very few people. It is a pretty large building with indoor and outdoor seating. We sat outside and got bitten up by mosquitoes (forgot the bug repellant!) The service was friendly, if a bit slow, especially since it wasn't crowded. The food was good. I would go again if I were in the area.

1  Thank MIOBXLVR
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Our family of 5 visited tonight.... My husband and I ordered the bucket of cuckoo juice--this drink shod come with a warming...it is $15.50 per "vase" and it is enough for 2 people. We sit here killing time wobdering where we will walk to since neither of us can drive safely...and at that price, we didn't want it to go to waste....one daughter ordered fettuccini Alfredo which didn't have much flavor, I ordered the fried haddock, which was good, but not worth $19, my husband ordered the it burger on the menu (?!), and the kids ordered Mac & cheese and chicken fingers. We had 3 waitresses try to clear plates before we were finished...way too pricey for the food! We will not be coming here again...and the fact that that the waitress didn't mention that one drink would be fine to share is negligent on. Their part!