“Good service, good food”
Review of Weirs Beach Lobster Pound - CLOSED

Weirs Beach Lobster Pound
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Detroit, Michigan
“Good service, good food”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had dinner here on the night we arrived in Weirs Beach. We got there around 8:30 on a Monday night in August, and there were very few people. It is a pretty large building with indoor and outdoor seating. We sat outside and got bitten up by mosquitoes (forgot the bug repellant!) The service was friendly, if a bit slow, especially since it wasn't crowded. The food was good. I would go again if I were in the area.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank MIOBXLVR

“Too pricey... Not worth it”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Our family of 5 visited tonight.... My husband and I ordered the bucket of cuckoo juice--this drink shod come with a warming...it is $15.50 per "vase" and it is enough for 2 people. We sit here killing time wobdering where we will walk to since neither of us can drive safely...and at that price, we didn't want it to go to waste....one daughter ordered fettuccini Alfredo which didn't have much flavor, I ordered the fried haddock, which was good, but not worth $19, my husband ordered the it burger on the menu (?!), and the kids ordered Mac & cheese and chicken fingers. We had 3 waitresses try to clear plates before we were finished...way too pricey for the food! We will not be coming here again...and the fact that that the waitress didn't mention that one drink would be fine to share is negligent on. Their part!

Westford, Massachusetts
“Price gouging like a boss!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Ok, I'll start off with the good- our waitress was very friendly and the place was clean and had a nice patio area and a HUGE game of Jenga in the lounge.

That being said, the parking lot was EMPTY and we probably should've taken that as a sign. We stopped here for lunch as our friend really wanted lobster for her birthday. She and her brother ordered the 2 lb lobsters to the tune of $40 each. Yikes. I don't know if they got the memo, but it's a relatively inexpensive year for lobster so we were amazed by how badly the prices were gouged. The lobster was presented nicely but that certainly doesn't make up for the steep price tag.

My sister and I split the combo platter. The food wasn't great. It was ok, but certainly not worth the price tag. The best thing on our dish was the shrimp- not that there were many, but the few that we had were delicious. Everything else was just eh.

I wouldn't return to this place ever- it is so ridiculously overpriced and the food is just ok.

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank groovytmoney
Middletown
“Lobster Pound”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This restaurant seems to be different every time I eat here. Sometimes it is a classy, if starkly decorated place, other times is is a rousing outdoor drinking establishment. The menu is nice, and the wait staff is quick and friendly.

Visited August 2012
RI
“Expected much better”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Went here years ago when it was smaller, was much better. Here is our experience of this place last week. This place is huge and seats a lot of people but since we went mid week it was only about 10-20% capacity. We were seated by a not so friendly host who seamed to not want to be there. After seated outside we had a waiter who was friendly but never remembered to come back and check on us or remember a drink order. Twice I ordered a beer and it never came, both times I had to stop him as he walked by, and each time I got the response, "oh yeah, I forgot". The worst one was when my wife's pasta dish came she ordered a glass a wine. As she was eating we kept looking around for him, no where in site. Just as she was finished he walked by and I asked where is her wine, we got the I forgot again, 5 min later it came.
I had the lobster (2lb) , $35 and came with nothing, It was okay. Kids has a pizza which was huge and they liked it. Wife's scampi she said was okay but would have enjoyed much better with the wine she ordered. This place it setup to serve all the tourist coming to the area, which is fine but for us the place is very over priced for what you get and the service is awful. We were in the area for a week and found many wonderful restaurants, out of all of them this one was the worst. Will never return.

• Visited August 2012