“Typical D-I-V-E” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tower Hill Tavern

Tower Hill Tavern
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Italian, Steakhouse, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Famous eatery on Lake Winnipasaukee!Open 7 days!
Medford, MA
“Typical D-I-V-E”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Dark, dreary and sticky floors - yup, the typical dive bar. Drinks were decent and the only reason to go there and get out of the sun. Food is disgusting and not worth the diarrhea.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank PeaceChick

NYC
“Recent trip to Laconia to see the Fall Foliage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I know it is late in the season to see the fall foliage - but hey we get away when we can.

I have been visiting the Weirs Beach area for years and brought my wife up this year so she could see the wonderful scenery when all the leaves are are changing. I have passed by Tower Hill Tavern on many occasions and had always wanted to stop in and give it a try. We were driving down by the board walk, after a long day driving and sightseeing, and we were hungry so we stopped for a bite and some drinks and I am so glad we did!

We were greeted by a cheery bartender named Johnna (sorry if I am misspelling her name) who promptly took our drink order and gave us our menus. We enjoyed our drinks as we wandered around the place looking at all the pictures (I cannot begin to fathom all the history in those snapshots) which cover all the walls. Our food arrived promptly - we started out with the New England clam chowder which was creamy and delicious. My wife ordered the flat bread pizza (that she still raves about) and I had the turkey pot pie that was as filling as it was savory and delicious.

They have 2 pool tables, video games, multiple flatscreen TVs, and a stage for a band (though there was no band the night we were there - but it was mid-week) and an area for dancing.

The food, drinks, and service were all excellent. I would have no problems recommending this place to my friends.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Scott_NYC_1969
Boston, Massachusetts
“EHH...AVERAGE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Visited Weir's Beach to play some arcades while traveling through with family that had not been here in many years. While walking around, we were hungry and decided to try the Tower Hill Tavern. Not much to pick from so there we were in a very dark "tavern". Food was average, nothing to complain about or brag about. Waitstaff was attentive, no complaints there. One complaint was the darkness of this establishment...felt like 6pm when it was only 2:30 pm! Oh yeah, had to use the bathroom and the toliet wouldn't flush. Actually had to fix the tank area to get the "tank" to fill up with water to flush. Exciting huh? It was a great way to end my experience at the Tower Hill Tavern. NOT!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank CMC_2012
London, United Kingdom
“Awful food, avoid unless you are just going for a drink”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Worst meal I have ever had in the States. I had shepherds pie - it was dry on top and underneath. Friends had chicken pot pie which they mostly left. The only satisfied customer amongst us had pulled pork sandwich

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank isobelb52
Windham, Connecticut
“Got for a band”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Went here for dinner first night in weirs. Food was good and service friendly. Typical bar food. There was a band every firday and saturday and there is a night club upstairs( we didnt go up there) if you are looking for a quick bit and some drink, with a good band this is the place to go.

• Visited September 2013