“Disgusting standards at the grill”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sunnyside Timberlodge
Cuisines: American, Soups
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We are pass holders to Waterville Valley and grab a coffee or quick bite at the Sunnyside Lodge off the Valley Run Trail. Today we observed disgusting standards behind the hot food pickup area i.e. the grill area. The cook was EATINg a hamburger while cooking other peoples food. Also he wasn't using any gloves and was handling the food with his hands. Additionally, he was preparing raw burgers on a board along the back wall and then was cutting peoples prepared and cooked food on the same board without cleaning it. I know standards aren't great at ski areas but this was the worst that I have ever seen. This occurred on Saturday March 14.

WVResort, Manager at Sunnyside Timberlodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

I'm very sorry to hear that. Those are certainly not the standards we set forward with as a resort. I've spoken with the manager at Sunnyside and we are going to speak with our staff at that location, as well as the other locations on the mountain, and make sure this doesn't reoccur. Thank you for informing us and I hope we can provide better standards of service in the future. Feel free to contact me with any further questions or comments.

-Pete Sununu
PSununu@waterville.com

There are newer reviews for Sunnyside Timberlodge

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Awesome atmosphere with an exclusive mountain side reception, music, and gourmet dinner followed by a night ski down the mountain!

I'm so glad you enjoyed Starry Nights! It's one of our favorite events to put on and we love it when our guests have as much fun as we do. Bring some friends when we do them again next year!