“The Perfect Place and Value for a Ski Vacation at Waterville Valley”
Review of The Valley Inn

The Valley Inn
Reviewed February 20, 2014

While I always provide feedback of staff and service for my many stays for business and personal travel directly with the major hotel chain's management, this stay truly deserves a review online. My wife and I, along with our two 11 y/os stayed for almost a week at The Valley Inn, in one of the regular Townhouses that surpassed our expectations. The service was exceptional, and the accommodations were perfect.

This is a tremendous value. I have stayed in numerous other hotels in Waterville, as well as shared homes and condos in the Valley, and in Campton.

It was clean, functional, and had all the things needed for a ski vacation, including the needed dressers and closets to store away your family's ski gear and outerwear, resulting in a sunny, un-cramped lower level room, with great sitting area (pull out couch) with table with sunny Mountain Views! The fridge is the perfect size, and there is plenty of cabinet space for storing snacks, along with the microwave (We brought up some great food to re-heat).

There was always fresh coffee and hot tea available. The staff was attentive, friendly, and seemed happy to be there, and purposeful in their effort to ensure a great stay for every guest. Housekeeping was very responsive. While Whitney wasn't working the desk with her sincere smile, she was out plowing snow, along with the rest of the Valley Inn team. With at least a foot coming down in a few hours time, I couldn't keep the snow off my vehicle faster than the Inn maintained their lot. This is one of the "little things" that added up over the course of our stay.

Here are the other things I experienced worth note:
A snafu by a Charter Bus company driver resulted in the bus getting stuck, and blocking the entrance. Despite in not being their fault in anyway, it impacted their guests, and they were staffed fully al night to address the concerns until the situation was remedied. This included a staff member personally driving an individual 70 miles. True Service!

We came back with a group of friends also staying onsite, and were able to settle in for a wonderful evening of warmth from the fireplace in the lobby back room: cards and warming drinks with friends. The kids settled into the game room. It couldn't have been better.

OK, let's have the direct and honest reality check needed from previous reviews and potential concerns. The Valley Inn isn't trying to be the Four Seasons. You can't put down the best carpeting in a ski Inn, because it will get ruined in a month no matter how much you maintain it. You need the heartier textile used here to make sure you can clean up the salt, sand, and wear and tear from endless ski boots and hockey skis. The heater cranks up in a second, and the beds are what they are, a comfortable place to crash after a tiring day. I found our unit to be very quiet. When they invent a truly comfortable fold out couch, I'll buy it. In the meantime, the pull-out here was a good as any one you will find, and just fine for two kids to sleep. Finally, the color TVs are perfect to catch the ski report, or find a late night show to end the day with, but I don't expect to spend time in front of the "idiot box.", and therefore don't want my money spent on LCD televisions. I have seen this place for what it is, I tightly run establishment by people that are passionate about ensuring their guests are happy. We were happy the entire stay, and thought this might help others that are looking for an honest and direct review of our experience.

Thanks,
Sean

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Sean K
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you and thank you! I truly appreciate the time you took to share your honest review of The Valley Inn on TripAdvisor! Our team really enjoys it here and we are truly grateful we get to work in such an amazing area and serve wonderful guests such as yourself! I am sure your well though out review will be helpful to many future travelers. We hope you can return to the mountains soon!

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for The Valley Inn

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We spent the last week at the Valley Inn and had an excellent time! I can't say enough about the staff at the Valley Inn. From Justin, the general manager, to Whitney and Mike on the front desk, including the gal that does housekeeping (never sure I got her name?) the entire staff went out of their way to be sure our every request was met.

We had requested the Summit Suite (room #314) and my son had had a number of friends there prior to my and my nephew's arrival. We requested that they change the sheets on all three beds and this was handled quickly and graciously by housekeeping.

We have been timeshare owners at the inn for a period of about 15 years and although many of the rooms still need remodeling and updating I was thrilled that the inn was able to find such competent and enthusiastic staff. It makes the world of difference!

Now if only Justin can find a way to reopen the Red Fox Tavern that would "seal the deal" with our future visits!

Thank you all so much for a wonderful week in the White Mountains!

R&R Nantucket

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to rate and review The Valley Inn! We appreciate the compliments and as always we are delighted to serve you as our guest! Thank you for being a friend and such a loyal guest of the hotel.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Just discovered that I left my digital camera at the Valley Inn during a family vacation in early December, and I was so happy that Justin, Manager, just informed me it was turned in. I'm not surprised in that everyone at the Inn treated us all like royalty! It made our Christmas so special--lounging with the family by a roaring fire in a beautifully decorated Inn--priceless. Thank you to all the staff at the Valley Inn!! Most of all thank you for your honesty!!

Room Tip: Any room! They're all so spacious and immaculate.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Elin,

Thank you for your kind review! We are honored to have served you as our guest during Christmas week. I am thrilled you and your family had an enjoyable time here and we look forward to your next arrival!

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

From the moment we arrived at Valley Inn we knew we were going to love our stay there. From the picturesque drive in, to a CLEAN and spacious townhouse equipped with everything you need in a kitchen to eat-in:-) Plenty to do for all within 5 minutes walk or drive.. sledding, snow shoes, shopping, skating, swimming, dining, the list goes on. Our only regret was not staying longer. Will definitely return before spring! Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable!

Dan E.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dan E
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Dan,
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review! We are very happy you and your family found your stay to be comfortable and relaxing. Your feedback means a lot to us and I will be sure to share your positive review with our entire team! We look forward to serving you on your next visit to NH.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We recently brought a school group to the Valley Inn for a long weekend of skiing. The staff at the Valley Inn went out of their way to take care of our needs and make our trip thoroughly enjoyable. In fact, Whitney returned one evening (when she was off duty) without any hesitation, in order to help us deal with what could have turned into a bit of a crisis. She and Arlena went well beyond the call of duty. I would certainly recommend this place to anyone who is bringing a group to the area. We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank campbell_hall

Dear Campbell,

Thank you for visiting The Valley Inn again. The entire team appreciates your positive review. As always it is our absolute pleasure to serve you and your group. Thank you for your continued patronage, and we look forward to your next group ski trip!

Best regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I felt the need to write this review right away as our visit was so wonderful. From the staff, to the room and the cozy lobby area, all made our stay so welcoming. Whitney (the owner or manager?) was extremely helpful, kind and always greeted us with a smile. Highly recommend the Village Inn! They have free wifi and a wonderful fireplace perfect for relaxing after your trip up to the mountain :)

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank GourmetGirl M
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for visiting us here at The Valley Inn. It was our pleasure to serve you as our guest. Thank you for a great review, Whitney, as well as our entire staff is proud to serve you and appreciate your honesty. We hope you will consider us in your future travel plans.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I just visited for a quick ski trip with the family and (husband and 2 kids). We have been coming to Waterville for almost 15 years now and The Valley Inn is simply the best. The rooms are spottless and spacious, the staff is top notch and you can't beat the location. The town center is only a 5 minute walk and this hotel is also he closest to the ski resort. We would highly reccomend the Valley Inn and cannot wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: Most rooms have great views, ask for one on the 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Deb7659,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review regarding your recent stay at The Valley Inn. We are thrilled that you and your family had a nice ski and stay with us! Remember we have discounted ski tickets available for all of our guests here, so if you find the time to make it again this winter be sure to bring your skis!

Warmest regards from The Valley Inn Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville Valley
Rivergreen Resort Hotel
Rivergreen Resort Hotel
#19 of 20 in Lincoln
Village Of Loon Mountain

Been to The Valley Inn? Share your experiences!