“Great service!”

The Valley Inn
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great service!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our family went for a mid-week school vacation 3 day ski trip. We booked at the last minute as I found a mid-week ski package the Inn offered online. While the fine print said the package was not available during school vacation weeks the Valley Inn honored the package price! No hassle - very accomodating and friendly. The room is spacious - not fancy/glamarous - just a nice clean hotel room. Great location to mountain and Town Square. Very nice lobby as there was always a warm fire in the main room as well as complimentary coffee and hot chocolate. I highly recommend and will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Caroline d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Went to Waterville with my family and felt welcome from the moment we pulled into the parking lot. The entrance looked warm and inviting. Then once inside i was met by a friendly front desk operator. He was informative and helpful as he provided me with all of the necessary info to assist us on our vacation. He was happy to tell us where the locals go to eat, what activities were happening during our stay, and just general insider info that was helpful during our trip. During our vacation, we saw Steve Cahill, GM, regulatory through out the property, always with a smiling face. It looked like he was on a project at the time, but he went as far as helping me with my bags as i stumbled through the entrance while we were checking in. Everybody i came into contact with during our stay made the experience more enjoyable because the staff made me feel welcome and were willing to help with any question or request with out batting an eye. I will def be going back for another stay at the Valley Inn!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ILike2Snowboard
Marshfield, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I went for a long weekend at the Valley Inn after seeing a deal on Living Social. The deal was labeled as a "Romantic Wine Getaway" for two nights. We stayed on a Sunday and Monday nights and the place was DESERTED. It was actually a little creepy. Our room however was spotless and very beautiful. The "wine" part of our deal was very disappointing. It was a cheap bottle of white zifandel... really?!? In the winter?!?! Oh well... We went into the village to the Sports Bar to watch the Patriots game. The food was good, bar food and they had a good selection of beers on tap. There was a bartender there named Larry who was awful. It was a Patriots playoff game and he was actually berating local Pats Fans. No one was amused. This guy knows he works for tips right? Anyway aside from Larry I enjoyed the place. The next day we went to the Athletic Club to enjoy the pool and sauna. Again, very clean and friendly staff. We also rented a few movies and brought them back to our room to veg out. All in all it was decent but I probably wouldn't go again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Vadodara, India
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a great hotel and in a great location! The rooms, furniture etc were definitely old, but clean, well maintained and pleasant. We spent quite a bit of time sitting in front of the fireplace in the lobby!

Staff was very polite and helpful! Both the front desk girl Whitney and the owner/manager Steve very helpful. We also got an upgrade to a suite from a parlor room due to some confusion in our room booking.

Free pop corn and coffee/tea in the lobby all the time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Steve_Cahill, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank You for your kind remarks. It was a pleasure meeting all of you and we are pleased you enjoyed your first trip to Waterville Valley. I hope the fireplace pictures turn out well and we would love to see you again making more memorable moments at The Valley Inn.
medfield
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I found the the whole hotel very welcoming. Everyone was so friendly and helpful.
The manager Steve Cahill goes out of his way for everyone and is around all the
time and seems to just love his job. The lobby is warm and cozy it is such a
relaxing place to be. Thank you for a great weekend!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sandy c
Sandy,
We are thrilled your group had such a good time. We love having you guys back each year as it livens up the place. You should definitely try the summer…there is so much to do in Waterville Valley, NH during the summer months. Thank you for being so gracious with your remarks…see you soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here for a hockey tournament with 12 other families. First, the lobby had a large sitting area that was very comfortable where most of the adults spent the first evening and through out the weekend. Also, they gave us a large common room we could use for the kids to hang out and play knee hockey, ect. They were great with our kids and offered a very family friendly environment.

On the Saturday night they opened up a function room for all the adults to watch the football game, which was fantastic.

I would highly recommend the Valley Inn.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Momania70
We enjoy the hockey teams that stay with us so much. It’s great to see families spend a weekend with us laughing, playing and just kicking back appreciating all that the Valley has to offer. The ice arena does such a great job with the tournaments and The Valley Inn is the perfect place for both parents and children to call home for a few days. Having the conference rooms for the kids to play in, breakfast available on the weekends and the big screen TV for the dads to watch the games truly makes it a perfect fit. Thank you for making it so easy to accommodate your team as you appreciated what we love doing the most…serving our guests.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Manager Steve Cahill was so kind a gracious that when we arrived he was waiting outside as it was nightfall and dark and my daughter and I were a bit lost! Not only did he guide us in, but carried our bags too. I was in much need of R & R and chose the Valley Inn as part of my condo opportunities exchange. I have two daughters, one at Plymouth State and University of New Hampshire and I had not seen them in quite some time so I was able to reconnect with them in a two bedroom spacious condo, which Steve as nice of enough to upgrade us to as the hotel had this available. It was quite as the ski season was not in full swing and just what I needed for a weeks stay the cost, accommodations, extra special service by management could not be beat and I will definately be booking again when in the area. PS - Steve even brushed the snow off my car one moring and had his assistant Don take a look at my car which was in need of service, could not ask for more.

Room Tip: Work with the desk and ask if an upgrade is available as I am sure they will accommodate.