“Wonderful hotel & views”

Best Western Silver Fox Inn
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Lovely comfy room, very cosy guest lounge where wine, cheese & cookies welcomed us on arrival about 4pm. The breakfast was buffet style but with china & silverware far better than most places. Unfortunately, although they fed a coach party that evening, the dining room was not open for us for our two night stay so we had to go to the only restaurant open in the town.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tor B, Owner at Best Western Silver Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. All of our rooms have a similar beautiful mountain view. As for the room, we don't actually serve lunch or dinner unless it is a catered event which was the case when you stayed with us. Fortunately, there are some great places to eat within a short walk of the Inn. I hope you'll come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Imagine our delight when we checked in at the Silver Fox Inn in Waterville valley to attend a wedding and we were greeted with hotel provided wine and cheese. The other perk was the delightful and filling breakfast served in the breakfast room each morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you! Our breakfast is so good (we're the ONLY hotel in the valley that provides free breakfast incidentally) that other hotel employee friends sometimes stop by to have breakfast with us. My wife, Susan, was a chef before she became my wife and she just doesn't know how to do ordinary. I'm glad you enjoyed and appreciated it.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Awesome in every way possible!! The rooms, view, staff and the FOOD were outstanding. Couldn't wait for our next meal. We were a group of 29 quilters who come here twice a year (for 4+ years) and every time we come we can't wait for our next visit. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We get to enjoy the beautiful mountains in early spring and again, when the leaves turn their golden colors.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Tor B, Owner at Best Western Silver Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Ah! One of my quilters. Susan and I love having all of your here. Everyone is always so wonderful and a joy to have as guests that I guess it brings out the best in us...well me. I think Susan, my partner and the chef, always has her best side out. See you next year and thanks for the nice words.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Perfect in every way. I can only suggest that they ban young children. We had three under the age of 7 - including a baby in a pram - who yelled and shrieked and thumped up and down the corridors. Call me miserable but I don't expect other people's kids to be so disruptive. Mine weren't. And I wonder how much they paid!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Sorry about the children. For some reason we don't get many but it sounds like the ones here during your stay made up for that. I hope you'll still come back and see us. We'll make sure you get a room away from the kids.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great view of mountains on north side of hotel. Comfortable beds. . Complimentary 4 pm wine and cheese. Complimentary bicycles . Great breakfast . Feels like a country inn with a 25 lb house cat ( " Logan " ) .

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Glad you enjoyed your stay. And yes Logan is a charmer isn't he? Every B&B should be so lucky to have a Logan. He gets so much attention, however, he is starting to get an attitude so I hope you won't mind if I don't share your kind words with him. Please come see us again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Silver Fox Inn was a convenient spot on our trip to explore New Hampshire. Waterville Valley is very quiet in off season and at times we felt like we might be the only ones at the hotel. The room décor left a lot to be desired, but if you opened the drapes wide there was a beautiful view outside the window. One day the maids forgot to clean our room, but the young man at the desk came up immediately and changed the towels and straightened the room. Breakfast was the highlight in a wonderful breakfast room with great views. The gentleman who took care of the breakfast area was wonderfully accommodating and very friendly. The deck off the lobby was a great place to do some reading and bird watching.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm particularly pleased to hear how much you liked the room and that "wonderfully accommodating and friendly gentleman" that took care of you at breakfast....me....is glad to know I did a good job. I'm now going to remind my wife how "wonderfully accommodating and friendly" I am and site you as an expert witness! Please come see us again.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great breakfast, comfortable, friendly and helpful staff. Price reasonable; great off season place to stay; recommend highly; a great getaway from hustle and bustle of city life; not much more to stay to say

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Not much more you need to say! And thank you. It is a little piece of paradise. I don't think there is a better value within 100 miles of us. And when you throw in Susan's breakfast, we can't be beat. Please come see us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville Valley
Golden Eagle Lodge
Golden Eagle Lodge
#1 of 5 in Waterville Valley
RiverWalk Resort at Loon Mountain

Been to Best Western Silver Fox Inn? Share your experiences!